Alrocco.snooker secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Aim at the knuckle? It's not ****ing 9 ball!

How on Earth has this clown got so much traction on these threads? Aim at the knuckle? What?!!!
    I know right? I had 2 lessons with him and that is indeed what he teaches. Its unbelievable bull****. As i said above, i kept missing 2nd lesson and then purposely aimed for the pocket dead centre and what do you know, it went straight in and Roy said "there you go you see?". Thus proving he isn't actually watching what you are doing at all and is simply hung up on his 'methods'. But luckily i un-tought myself all the poison he put into my game and my game instantly improved through my own merit.....of actually aiming for the pocket properly and only using side when necessary.
    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
      I know right? I had 2 lessons with him and that is indeed what he teaches. Its unbelievable bull****. As i said above, i kept missing 2nd lesson and then purposely aimed for the pocket dead centre and what do you know, it went straight in and Roy said "there you go you see?". Thus proving he isn't actually watching what you are doing at all and is simply hung up on his 'methods'. But luckily i un-tought myself all the poison he put into my game and my game instantly improved through my own merit.....of actually aiming for the pocket properly and only using side when necessary.
      Well, aiming off the pocket works for me!
      Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
        Well, aiming off the pocket works for me!
        But you didn't answer the question above....
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

But you didn't answer the question above....
          Mate, this is not my product, if you have issues with it, take it up with the product owner. All I know is, I use bits of what Roy teaches in the book such as the aiming off the pocket etc and the contact points and they work well for me. It's horses for courses. I also use lots of other tips from Nic Barrow, Brian Cox, David Horrix, Barry Stark and Frank Callan's Book Snooker Clinic and Terry G and other youtube videos I come across.

I am in no way affiliated with it, I am just someone who has read the book and watched the video and used bits of what I like from it, and tested it out and seems to work OK for me.

Like I say, take it up with Roy....

Comment

• Well, aiming off the pocket works for me!
            Ok, I think I've sussed it out... You've drank the kool aid and now in the face of logic against your position, instead of considering that it might be bile, you're even more steadfast in your belief?

I'm guessing you're a lad who might make the odd 20/30 break in a session on a good day... If that's the case, it's not working for you.

I am in no way affiliated with it, I am just someone who has read the book and watched the video and used bits of what I like from it, and tested it out and seems to work OK for me.
            No no, you've argued against what myself and others would teach and you've cited this book/lesson plan as your evidence for it... You have revealed your opinion and now you need to defend it in this open forum... Or don't defend it.

Anyway, your standard aside...

Answer these two with yes or no:

1 - should you play every shot with side?
            2 - should you aim for the knuckle?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              Ok, I think I've sussed it out... You've drank the kool aid and now in the face of logic against your position, instead of considering that it might be bile, you're even more steadfast in your belief?

I'm guessing you're a lad who might make the odd 20/30 break in a session on a good day... If that's the case, it's not working for you.

No no, you've argued against what myself and others would teach and you've cited this book/lesson plan as your evidence for it... You have revealed your opinion and now you need to defend it in this open forum... Or don't defend it.

Anyway, your standard aside...

Answer these two with yes or no:

1 - should you play every shot with side?
              2 - should you aim for the knuckle?

Thanks.
              You should be asking Roy this, not me mate. Firstly, standard, I only play 2/3 times a week for enjoyment and to learn the game with a coach every now and then, NOT to become a pro!. In a frame my highest is 43, and on line-up it's 76, but as I say I'm not interested in what breaks i get necessarily, I'm interested in learning as much about the game as I can from different people.

I'll tell you again. This question you continually to dog me about is not for me to answer. It's for the creator of SS Roy to answer as you clearly have issues with it.

As I say, I use bits of what has been said in the book/video - on the side issue, that's for Roy to comment, not me.

Comment

• Alrocco.snooker secrets

Well some of the bits you have said you use frighten me.

It's on par with the level of crazy you find in a mad man's diary before he goes on a three week murder rampage before finally turning the gun on himself!

Aim for the pocket

Use side when you need to

Enjoy

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                  You should be asking Roy this, not me mate. Firstly, standard, I only play 2/3 times a week for enjoyment and to learn the game with a coach every now and then, NOT to become a pro!. In a frame my highest is 43, and on line-up it's 76, but as I say I'm not interested in what breaks i get necessarily, I'm interested in learning as much about the game as I can from different people.

I'll tell you again. This question you continually to dog me about is not for me to answer. It's for the creator of SS Roy to answer as you clearly have issues with it.

As I say, I use bits of what has been said in the book/video - on the side issue, that's for Roy to comment, not me.
                  As someone that says they are learning the game, why so quick in disregarding the simple textbook basics. I'm sure if you put the time in on the table with the usual basics you would have improved much quicker. Plenty of the guys giving advice on here are century players and the likes of pottr have had maximums.

Comment

• [QUOTE=markz;955894]As someone that says they are learning the game, why so quick in disregarding the simple textbook basics. I'm sure if you put the time in on the table with the usual basics you would have improved much quicker. Plenty of the guys giving advice on here are century players and the likes of pottr have had

look i see the shot how i see the shot - not how the textbook says i see the shot - if you read my previous thread i explained my involvement in snooker was for enjoyment when it comes to playing and not to get maximums or centuries -

I also said i read more than just one book ive read loads of books and watched loads of videos so i hardly think i have ignored what the textbooks say!

As has been said by a few coaches you do what works for you not what others say or what the textbook says!

Comment

Do what works for you...

That sounds like lazy coachmanship...

... inventing words like a boss!

P.S outscored Tom Walker for fun in the 1 frame league tonight x

Comment

• I'm not a great player but was taught cueing straight can be hard enough but using side is a bit of a last resort. A tool from your from your snooker tool box, kept sharpened by practice, only to be used when in certain circumstances. Before that I was using side willy nilly thinking I would improve 10-12 breaks one day. I'm a little better than that now lol

Comment

You can't tell me what Roy is teaching isn't about applying side on every shot. It is! He even teaches you to not aim for the pocket every time and aim for the knuckle. I was never going to hit a 50 under those circumstances.
                          This is exactly how you aim when using side, but a darn sight more side than a 1/4 tip off centre.

Originally Posted by pottr View Post

Aim for the pocket

Use side when you need to

Enjoy
                          Where do you aim when using side then pottr ? amd I mean more than a 1/4 tip from centre which isn't really side to me.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I’m not a fan of Roy’s, but anyone on here saying they aim for the pocket when using side is asking for trouble.

Comment

• I am for the pocket when using side. But only if it is in traces. Of course if it's more then I aim off

Comment

You just learn to allow for the deviation of the white.

You can't say that 'I'm playing this shot with half inch of side so I need to aim half inch away to compensate.

If you stab at the cueball firmly the side will take quicker than if you flow through the white cleanly.

Distance between CB and OB dictates how much you need to compensate... Not where you hit the ball.

The rest is just timing.

No pro uses side on every shot. It's just nonsense to suggest that.

Comment

Working...
                                X