This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    So what exactly is the point of a photobucket account now? They could at least have set the price at something reasonable, maybe they're just going in high so it won't look so bad when they ask for half of that or something.
    Here's is the email reply I got to my query as to what they are doing and the price

Jul 2,

Hello,

Photobucket continues to have the distinct pleasure of hosting 15 billion photos from 100 million unique users since inception fourteen years ago. In recent months, management has made some changes that will enable Photobucket to continue providing excellent services to our user base while maintaining an economically stable position.

In the past we’ve had solutions for everyone. From free users to paid subscriptions, there’s been an option for all types of people that care about their memories, blogs, or businesses. We continue to commit to offering free services as well as enterprise support, but we’ve needed to reinforce standards we’ve been historically lenient on.

It is our business to serve our users with valuable benefits that are otherwise very costly for us to support compared to our competitors, especially as it relates to third party image hosting. Starting several weeks ago, we began telling our users that the nature of how we work with them will be changing with the tide of the photo hosting environment via messaging in email, on site, etc. In staying true to our word, we’re asking that customers using our service as an image serving facility buy a subscription to continue with that level of service that has historically been overlooked for free users. This feature is a costly one, and we are asking our patrons to help support our infrastructure. We aren’t deleting photos or holding any photos at arm’s length for download; we are simply asking our non-paying users to join our subscription service to continue enjoying benefits of our site.

The subscriptions we are offering are price competitive for the greater photo hosting landscape, and we hope to bring additional functionality in the upcoming months to further delight our users that support their businesses with our service. We are continually evaluating our subscriptions, committing to the needs, feedback, and desires of our valued user base.

Sincerely,

Moss Photobucket Support

I am not heavily involved in Photobucket but that level of cost would never be acceptable to me regardless of involvement
    Even if you go for a website of your own you will pay and rely on the ISP or broker.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
      Well be moving all my pics to Google pics as I've already got an account but never looked if I can use it to post pic's...
      You can share them from Google but they show a link rather than the pic. So, you would still need to click on the link in the forum to see the pic in Google as far as I can see.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Don't bring me into it!

It might be time for your first website 'J.'

You could then share pics from the website here and they would always be yours.

Just a thought as I know it would always be easier to find a photobucket equivalent.
        This could be a great idea, could attract a lot of custom as well, especially with your pictures and videos of you actually making them and trying them out all under one roof so to speak. I'm sure they are next to nowt to run nowadays although I could be wrong. I reckon you would need a badge to put on your cues if you do though.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Wish there was the ability to upload pics to the forum straight from your device , that displayed as a larger size instead of attachment

Comment

• It's almost as if the forum software is outdated

Comment

• I will try and find a way of redocumenting the last couple of years, and return on another thread a bit later when the makeover is complete.
              this is now the end of this thread for me so, the mods may as well close it.

thanks too all those who posted.

Jason

Comment

• That's a damn shame, I suppose the post pics of your cue thread will also be blank now

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  I will try and find a way of redocumenting the last couple of years, and return on another thread a bit later when the makeover is complete.
                  this is now the end of this thread for me so, the mods may as well close it.

thanks too all those who posted.

Jason
                  Thanks for doing it Jason and all the stuff on YouTube etc, probably the best thread on here for me.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Yyyyyyyyyy
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                    X