Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get used to new cue, help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get used to new cue, help please!!

Hi, i recently bought myself a new cue as I started to play English pool again. I had a craftsman cue with 8.6mm tip on and went for a phoenix unity cue with 9mm tip. It felt good as played with it before buying it and also when I'm practicing I play ok but when it comes playing a match my game just seems to disappear, things like missing pots that are relatively easy and not cueing straight . I understand this might be more mental that the actual cue but is there anything I can do to try and fix this. I keep thinking maybe I should try another cue but not sure??

How long have you tried the cue for

Comment

4 months now

Comment

so you can pot and play all the shots properly in practice but not in a match?
        It sounds like a mental issue to me mate!
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Andyevs84 View Post
          I understand this might be more mental that the actual cue but is there anything I can do to try and fix this. I keep thinking maybe I should try another cue but not sure??
          Yep, and maybe... Well yes if you can not get you're head around using it.

Comment

Indeed it sounds a mental thing

Comment

What were the other specs for both cues? And how far is your bridge from the cue ball?
              Last edited by bagpiper13579; 2 March 2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Get a good player to watch you cueing as well as you might be doing something different in your games..
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

I find my game naturally changes in a league match - more defensive and cautious - so I would suggest it's in the mind and the easy switch to make would be your cue, but this is unlikely to be the answer.

Best to keep playing with the cue that feels most natural and comfortable for you and with more experience you'll handle match games with the same approach as friendlies/practice.

Comment

Working...
                  X