No announcement yet.

Stephen hendry's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMHO a cue with less throw is easier to get used to for the average player. less throw SHOULD see you getting closer to what you intend.

the main thing being though, that no matter how much throw, if its your cue, one you practise and play with regularly, you will get used to the throw as you get to know your cue. when youre at a high standard and try different cues, trying out a wide range of technically difficult shots, noticing the characteristics of a cue, including throw, then it FOR SOME players, can make a difference, especially on shots where feel/touch are crucial (hard positional shots into small areas, through narrow avenues for example)

Comment

• I bought an Acuerate. Reason was that lately I've been playin pool with Predatorshafts and since I feel they definitely deflect less than my several regular shafts for pool I thought. Hey. Let's give Acuerate a chance.

First impressions wasn't that good. The cue was almost 1,5 oz heavier than what their website claimed it would be, and the buttend looked roughed up like it was a secondhandcue. Aprox. the same roughness my 10 year old Parris has.

When it comes to deflection/throw I'm not a robot but I can swear theres almost no difference between this cue with 8,75mm tip and my Parris with 9,5mm tip.

I think it will wary alot from cue to cue. Mine might be just abit to stiff or it might be a bad tip. I will have to try with another tip maybe.

That being said. With the extensions and case its a pretty good set for the money. Just don't expect miracles for your game because of this cue :-)

Comment

• oh no not the acuecrap conversation again!!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• OK old thread resurrection i know but seeing as its just over 5 years later how many pro's are actually using these things? Luca Brecel is the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head (though considering who his coach is i can't say im surprised).

Entertaining thread though it has to be said.

Comment

• I used an Acuerate for about 6 months and I just couldn't see the 'less throw' claim at all. It's still a piece of solid ash whereas in the US pool cues with minimal throw it's usually a laminated maple shaft which they claim will have less throw. I have a Predator 'Z' shaft here and I find it still throws when using side although tough to compare to a snooker cue since the ferrule is around 12mm and the shaft is therefore thicker.

Nic Barrow was asked to promote the Acuerate originally but he couldn't tell the difference either but then recently Acuerate has made a few changes and Nic says he can now see the difference. I haven't ordered one from Nic as yet but perhaps when my budget is a little healthier I might order up one just to check on it

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Can somebody let me know the specs of Hendry’s power glide connoisseur please? tip size/weight/length etc

Comment

• Think it was something along the lines of
                58 inches
                9.3 tip
                15.5oz
                29.5mm butt

The thing that stood out for me was his cue weight. How light it was..

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                  Think it was something along the lines of
                  58 inches
                  9.3 tip
                  15.5oz
                  29.5mm butt

The thing that stood out for me was his cue weight. How light it was..
                  it was not that light - but like most pros cues it had been modified a huge number of times.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    it was not that light - but like most pros cues it had been modified a huge number of times.
                    Thanks. I hope the other specs are right.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                      Thanks. I hope the other specs are right.
                      more or less - From what I remember it was notably thinner over the bridge hand than average.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        more or less - From what I remember it was notably thinner over the bridge hand than average.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X