Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Moscow, Russia. I have a Q to figure it out with pros....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Vlad_Msk View Post
    Ok, if club will be eventually opened, I'll give a hint
    As to the cues - moreless good hand made cue starts from 450-500 US Dollars equivalent.... Really good goes from 700 US and higher. Not a cheap hobby...
    What kind of pool cues are available in Russia Vlad?
    You're right it's not a cheap hobby!
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

There is a fair good choice of pool cues - starting from cheap Cuetec and goes to Balabushka, despite the fact that pool is not popular, as russian billard. Prices higher than in US

Comment

i love snooker

Comment

Originally Posted by Vlad_Msk View Post
          There is a fair good choice of pool cues - starting from cheap Cuetec and goes to Balabushka, despite the fact that pool is not popular, as russian billard. Prices higher than in US
          And what the snooker scene like in Russia?
          Do players have the opportunity to play on a 12x6 snooker table, if so what do they think of the game?
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I've seen only big tables (but there are not so many of them, average ratio in good clubs in Moscow may be one or two for 10 russian tables), 12 foot. Snooker is just beginning in Russia, youth play, very rare someone older than 25-27. But those guys are very motivated and concentrated on it. See regional final game here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U7U1FgMBFw

I played snooker one time, it was disaster after russian Potting was not so hard, but building series very unusual - I failed very fast

Comment

I wouldn't just put one table in. I would suggest trialling 2. If it's popular, people would be put off by not being able to get a game if someone else is in. I probably wouldn't travel to somewhere with only 1 snooker or pool table if there was a chance I wouldn't be able to play.

Comment

Yes, thanks ! Very reasonable suggestion - would try to fill it in real life

Comment

Dear Mark ! Would you be personnaly interested to give a try in russain table ? Proper stock cues will be there. And do not forget - you can pot cue ball in 2 games out of 3 widely playing now......

Comment

Just to give a hint - there is huge difference between snooker and russian billiard games - in rusian billiards in most popular games you can pot cue ball as resultative shoot. It is not easy, since in russian biliard corner pots is 72mm (usually 70-71mm in good clubs) in corner and 68mm is cue ball, 81-82mm center pot. Pocketing is bot the issue, most important - make exit to a next shoot. Sorry, I am not so familiar with english, but sense is same - make your next shoot now

Comment

Sorry my englidh. Pocketing is not so hard, but most important here - make easy to cue ball for next shot or(!) make next shot for your opponent very hard (kind of safety shoot)

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                        If I couldn't get a snooker table to play on in that club I certainly would give Russian billiards a go , why on earth not .

A bit off topic , just to add and this isn't a complaint , the Hurricane snooker club in Acton had a Russian billiards table a few years ago and I asked if I could play snooker on it as it still looked better to play on than their snooker tables , I wasn't allowed but I'd still prefer to play snooker on a well maintained Russian billiards table than a cheap knackered snooker table.
                        Agreed - think they still had that table about 6 months ago - Vlad - might be good idea to visit the club in Acton (Google Hurricane snooker Acton) and ask them what they discovered. They will know from experience whether it was a good investment or not. Its' easy for us to say we would love to give it a go, but you're looking to make a successful business and that means the table needs to be used for as much of the day as possible. I saw someone playing snooker on that table in Acton 2 weeks back so they may have changed that table...which would concern me.

Comment

Thanks anish147, will check it

Comment

Russian billiards has always intrigued me. I would definitely give it a go if I could have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                            X