Pictures of your tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
    I'm a Car wax freek and have never thought about using it on my Ferrule. Off to give it a try. Could you show a pic of the nail polishing tool?
    My m8, (I said about him in my previous post). I called him. He said he uses acetone as polishing tool !!! after that, car wax. But you have to be careful. If you put too much of that stuff on the ferrule , he'll damage the ferrule. I'll give it a try. Perhaps fatnew has better advice for us!!!

Comment

• something like this. size of 1" x 8" maybe.
      have two side, one is rough, the other is smooth, elastic material inside.
      use the smooth side to polish the ferrule softly, it'll be shiny without any damage
      the surface of nail tool will become black, be careful of the wood below ferrule, black is not a good looking

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        My m8, (I said about him in my previous post). I called him. He said he uses acetone as polishing tool !!! after that, car wax. But you have to be careful. If you put too much of that stuff on the ferrule , he'll damage the ferrule. I'll give it a try. Perhaps fatnew has better advice for us!!!
        Personally, I don't like to use chemical material, I prefer physical polishing.
        Carwax is for clean and keep it shiny, just a little, very thin, it won't make damage.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fatnew View Post

something like this. size of 1" x 8" maybe.
          have two side, one is rough, the other is smooth, elastic material inside.
          use the smooth side to polish the ferrule softly, it'll be shiny without any damage
          the surface of nail tool will become black, be careful of the wood below ferrule, black is not a good looking
          Many thanks,, may I ask where did you bought this?? do you have a link or website?

Comment

• No need, I found it. thanks for the tip !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              a m8 of mine said to me while back, use. Meguiar's car wax. I thought he was joking.. Looks like , he was'nt !!!!! . the result is perfect. I'm going to buy one. Thanks for the tip !!!!!
              Never tried using car wax to polish the ferrule before. Will give it a try as well.

Comment

• Here I was thinking my ferrule was nice and shiny, bubble well and truly burst, does it really need to be that shiny?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  Here I was thinking my ferrule was nice and shiny, bubble well and truly burst, does it really need to be that shiny?
                  Blasphemous against all snooker cues !!

Haha. Of course it needs to be that shiny!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    Here I was thinking my ferrule was nice and shiny, bubble well and truly burst, does it really need to be that shiny?
                    Yes Jonny,,, It does !!!! . The cue must be cleaned every day. The ferrule must shine like a mirror. Cue case must be cleaned every day as well.!!
                    Otherwise I can'nt sleep. You might wanna call me mad !!! to be honest with you,,, I don't blame you.!!!!

Comment

• Just received one of my Rare Cues back from Tony Glover after abit of alteration and just fitted the New ADR147 Soft Tip........ Will let you know what i think after a few frames with it.

Gaz.

Comment

• You sound abit like me mate im OCD regarding my Snooker/Pool Items...........Well saying that everything i have!!....ha ha ha

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        The cue must be cleaned every day. The ferrule must shine like a mirror. Cue case must be cleaned every day as well.!!
                        Otherwise I can'nt sleep. You might wanna call me mad !!! to be honest with you,,, I don't blame you.!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                          You sound abit like me mate im OCD regarding my Snooker/Pool Items...........Well saying that everything i have!!....ha ha ha

Gaz.
                          +10 To that ,,, after all. we all love snooker !!! nothing wrong with that !!!'

Comment

• Would anyone be kind enough to do a video of him making his tip like this? I still am unable to get it right about twisting the cue sideways instead of doing vertical cuts.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Here's one of mine, 10mm Talisman soft on a 9.3mm ferrule

Comment

• It looks to me he has done Vertical Cuts if you look closely at tip, to get it to taper/dome out all you do is when doing Vertical Cuts do it at abit of a Angle going outwards and not Flush with Ferrule!. I like mine flush to the ferrule as if you have 8.5mm Tip for Pool you wanna hit less of the Cueball if you want a bigger dome tip yes its ok for snooker as Snooker Cueball alot bigger or if Ferrule very small on your Pool Cue.

Gaz.

Comment

• I'd love to achieve a tip like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X