X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Hope you V.I.P.'s don't mind a mere minion like myself posting here,
    You can easily become one like me! Okay your name might not be in blue but being a big Utd fan blue could never be tolerated.

Jokes aside though I think this VIP membership thing is likely to alienate members who choose not to pay up to become part of an exclusive clique which is what it will create. Having private sub sections to talk about snooker or general chat is just going to isolate the major contributing members to others and this site will go downhill quickly IMO. Sad times.

Comment

Like Mike Fearnley found, better to just get rid of other cues, as they're just a distraction. . . .
      A certain Jim Evans is not helping my therapy...
      I gave him a one peice all ash rack cue which played great and I leave in the club, just to put me a butt on as the ash wears around the grip and needs refinishing all the time... And he gives me back a thing of beauty! Not helping at all, if I leave this at the club it'll be gone in a week I need to invest in a lock methinks!
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
        Originally Posted by billabong View Post
        Like Mike Fearnley found, better to just get rid of other cues, as they're just a distraction. . . .
        A certain Jim Evans is not helping my therapy...
        I gave him a one peice all ash rack cue which played great and I leave in the club, just to put me a butt on as the ash wears around the grip and needs refinishing all the time... And he gives me back a thing of beauty! Not helping at all, if I leave this at the club it'll be gone in a week I need to invest in a lock methinks!
        pictures please (before and after if poss :biggrin
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I don't have a before but one of our players plays with its twin do I'll snap a pic of that when I see him..
          Pics in Jim's thread - but here's one on the phone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

very nice

Comment

• Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
              Hi People the Panjo market is not currently working. I've got this cue for sale if anyone is interested!?!?

Thanks
              How much is this going for muck

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                How much is this going for muck
                Hi Hotpot I would take £110 delivered if it's bank transfer.

Comment

Hope you V.I.P.'s don't mind a mere minion like myself posting here, but I had to add my

congratulations to Stu, on finding the one. Very nice cue there sir. .

I take it all other cues will be being sold on, at mates rates, to fellow members ?

This one required a rplay. !!!!

There is no difference between VIP members and you,, my friend!!!! Number of useful posts, that you've done here on the forum, is much more than mine!!!
                  I hope you keep posting so that I, as a vip member, can learn something from you.!!!!! Is just a name. That will give you the opportunity to read some extra news.

Sorry guys ,,, off the topic !!!

Comment

• Here are some pics of my latest acquisition. Cue in itself is an oddity. Its obviously cheaply made chinese cue but the shaft is absolutely gorgeous. The ebony is pitch black with no laquer on it and it is the sweetest hitting cue that I have had in a long while. Problem is the splicings are a country mile off and its its shorter than I am used to playing with but thats OK as I intend to lenghten it by two inches from 57 to 59 when I have my holidays at the end of the year. Were it not for the terrible splicing this would be an excellant cue. Everything being said I am not complaining as It cost me the equivalent of 35 pounds for this cue and with anouther 40 quid I am gonna make it really special.

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/sanm...49834358369896
                    Last edited by sanman; 23 October 2014, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• 30 pounds is not much for this cue, imo. especially the shaft !! looks great !!!! Nice job !!!!

Comment

• wow, when I first lloked at that I thought you had Photoshop'd the picture!
                        Of course let us see the end results when you are done, look forward to seeing it.
                        Do you have an idea on the splicing you are considering?

Comment

• Cue was in a bit of neglect when I got it Ramon, but I did a refurbish. Sandpaper and some sweat and wax polish and its good as new. It cost me 650 rands here. Close on 35 pounds. I will post pics of it when done resplicing it but that will be in December when I have time to work with it
                          Last edited by sanman; 23 October 2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            wow, when I first lloked at that I thought you had Photoshop'd the picture!
                            Of course let us see the end results when you are done, look forward to seeing it.
                            Do you have an idea on the splicing you are considering?
                            I was initially thinking of getting snakewood splices with white veneers, but snakewood of 14 inch lenghts is expensive especially considering how much I have to take off to correct that skewed splices. i got quotes of 80 pounds delivered for 4 cut pieces. Have some burl but again not that lenght. I eventually got a piece of imbuia which I cut some strips off. Its a local hardwood here. That and 4 additional splices of ebony. Cue was a second hand cue by the way. I refinished it to essentially to as good as it was when new.
                            Last edited by sanman; 23 October 2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Forgot I had these pieces of Tambuti. Meant to do a full butt in with these. A hard Eucalyptus found in eastern parts of South Africa. Not a very heavily figured wood but gives a nice glossy smooth finish. And it will costs me very little except glue to fix this butt splicing and lenghten.

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/sanm...89819045138847
                              Last edited by sanman; 24 October 2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X