my cue action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    I'm a brave man in front of it too, you keep posting rubbish and i will respond, you've caused enough damage on here as it is you need reigning in
    Rubbish.? I don't honestly believe all my posts are that rubbish for me to become some sort of target from the haters on this forum, many posters on here can be controversial yet when I say it my post goes off with a BANG like agh leo has now said it now so we can have a pop.
    I say it on here as I feel and don't BS and it seems everyone on here is entitled to an opinion but I'm not FACT. there's a lot people on here I respect and I defiantly respect their opinion also yet there's also those who have this view where they follow me around waiting for me say something THEY don't agree with just to cause an argument, I don't have digs at you but you do me, but as you're a long term poster I guess this is not taking into account is it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Is it because it's me giving advice Ken? I learned how to play snooker Ken and would say I'm better then average and part of this was me taking criticism very well from decent players who thought part of my game needed tweaking and took this as a positive rather then a negative.
      No. It's the way you make comments! It's not very tactile or encouraging to the op. He's not you and may not see it as a positive.

Comment

@ Ibog,, I know this is about your cue action,, BUT :

When you get out of the position, DO NOT put the ball back with your hand. You get out the position and then try to fix that by putting the ball back in the correct position with your hand ( you can't do that in a mach ). Try the shot again, until you get the correct position. (This is unfortunately the problem of many players. makeing practice easy for themselfs).
        And do'nt punch the ball with your cue. You miss the pink. The pink rolls out to other side of the table. You try to get pink back and put it on the spot. But you don't want to walk to other side of the table. If you miss a ball grab the ball with your hand and put it back on the spot. Be kind and have respect for your cue and the table, and he'll serve you well !!!

Comment

my responses:
          cyberheater: Ye i should do easier routines definitely and I'm going to start doing it.
          tedisbill: I had a coach but he didnt seem to care much about the appropach. So he's definitely not a top-notch coach. Terry has been my coach through PM for some time.
          itnotsoeasy: i have played snooker for over a year and and i've been trying to improve ever since. And I have improved actually.
          Rogibear: The approach is indeed strange but i dont think it has anything with my sighting through the glasses.
          svendth: I've seen this video and believe me that although my approach looks that strange, I do keep my nose and head on the line of aim. ( Terry can confirm this). It might be the camera angle that falsely indicates I dont.
          jrc750: My grip is probably too light but it's firmer than it was before. I'm trying to learn to 'let the cue of the weight do the work' rather than forcing it, so that's the reason why my cue slips out of my hands sometimes. Im actually happy it's happening that way because there's less tightening that there was before.
          Ramon: yes you are right. Terry wrote a similar comment to yours in PM.

Thanks for your comments, Im gonna learn to keep my cue on the line of aim already while standing up.
          Best regards.

Comment

Originally Posted by ibogine View Post
            my responses:
            cyberheater: Ye i should do easier routines definitely and I'm going to start doing it.
            tedisbill: I had a coach but he didnt seem to care much about the appropach. So he's definitely not a top-notch coach. Terry has been my coach through PM for some time.
            itnotsoeasy: i have played snooker for over a year and and i've been trying to improve ever since. And I have improved actually.
            Rogibear: The approach is indeed strange but i dont think it has anything with my sighting through the glasses.
            svendth: I've seen this video and believe me that although my approach looks that strange, I do keep my nose and head on the line of aim. ( Terry can confirm this). It might be the camera angle that falsely indicates I dont.
            jrc750: My grip is probably too light but it's firmer than it was before. I'm trying to learn to 'let the cue of the weight do the work' rather than forcing it, so that's the reason why my cue slips out of my hands sometimes. Im actually happy it's happening that way because there's less tightening that there was before.

Thanks for your comments, Im gonna learn to keep my cue on the line of aim already while standing up.
            Best regards.
            Everyone is different mate, but for me and I've seen it many times about natural ability of players when approaching the shot and those who are if you like trying to hard with their approach, so basically what I'm saying is when you've mastered the natural way of approaching the shot you will find the shot so much easier, it's like there's to much going on with one shot.

Comment

A year is nothing, your cueing once down is quite nice on the whole, but I agree with everyone, get a coach because there is a lot going on that needs corrected and simplified, from grip,(close that gap in the front, between forefinger and thumb get the cue up into the webbing, otherwise there is always the risk of the cue wobbling around ) to approach, cue sweep (for me keeping the grip hand at the hip and sweeping the cue round onto the line as you get down) your grip hand goes way out and your halfway down but your cue is still across you. I couldn't figure out what was going on with your stance sometimes it was with two bent legs sometimes with a braced leg(when with the braced leg your set up looked very nice to me)
              I also agree with Ramon, about playing the cue ball from where it lands, or resetting the shot untill you get it right I kind of saw a player that was just happy to pot the ball and either wasn't bothered where the cue ball went or didn't know how the cue ball works, it's very hard to try and do both (potting and position)when first starting out, as it's hard enough trying to pot a ball, but you have to try and get hold of that white ball as it will transform your game.
              image.jpg
              Grip needs closed
              image.jpg
              Grip hand way out, should be at hip and cue online .
              image.jpg
              Bent legs
              image.jpg
              This looks quite nice.
              Just my opinion, on what I see, there are a few other things, but the real coaches will spot these and point them out and explain it properly for you.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                Everyone is different mate, but for me and I've seen it many times about natural ability of players when approaching the shot and those who are if you like trying to hard with their approach, so basically what I'm saying is when you've mastered the natural way of approaching the shot you will find the shot so much easier, it's like there's to much going on with one shot.
                I appreciate your comment and im not feeling offended about being told that I look unnatural, because I myself concur with what you said. A lot of things were unnatural to me, like the rear pause or slow backswing, but over time it has become more natural that it used to be so i hope it will be so with my approach to the shot.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  A year is nothing, your cueing once down is quite nice on the whole, but I agree with everyone, get a coach because there is a lot going on that needs corrected and simplified, from grip,(close that gap in the front, between forefinger and thumb get the cue up into the webbing, otherwise there is always the risk of the cue wobbling around ) to approach, cue sweep (for me keeping the grip hand at the hip and sweeping the cue round onto the line as you get down) your grip hand goes way out and your halfway down but your cue is still across you. I couldn't figure out what was going on with your stance sometimes it was with two bent legs sometimes with a braced leg(when with the braced leg your set up looked very nice to me)
                  I also agree with Ramon, about playing the cue ball from where it lands, or resetting the shot untill you get it right I kind of saw a player that was just happy to pot the ball and either wasn't bothered where the cue ball went or didn't know how the cue ball works, it's very hard to try and do both (potting and position)when first starting out, as it's hard enough trying to pot a ball, but you have to try and get hold of that white ball as it will transform your game.
                  [ATTACH]17132[/ATTACH]
                  Grip needs closed
                  [ATTACH]17133[/ATTACH]
                  Grip hand way out, should be at hip and cue online .
                  [ATTACH]17134[/ATTACH]
                  Bent legs
                  [ATTACH]17135[/ATTACH]
                  This looks quite nice.
                  Just my opinion, on what I see, there are a few other things, but the real coaches will spot these and point them out and explain it properly for you.
                  I'm not sure but I think you uploaded a photo of me holding the cue from months ago, and there was a huge gap indeed, but now there's only a small gap comparing to videos from months ago. I will be trying to get this gap filled though. To be honest i dont get why there is so much hype about closing the gap, as I know a lot of VERY GOOD pool players who have huge gaps and I dont think they dont cue straight because of it. But it's much easier to pot in pool so maybe because of it they don't suffer.
                  As for my stance, i can't decide which one to choose, but overall i feel more relaxed with both legs bent. I too think that I am able to bend them consistently. and moreover I dont feel very unstable either. When I happend to play pool it's virtually impossible for me to maintain comfort and braced leg at the same time.
                  Thanks for your comment and effort to upload photos.

Comment

I'm not sure but I think you uploaded a photo of me holding the cue from months ago, and there was a huge gap indeed, but now there's only a small gap comparing to videos from months ago. I will be trying to get this gap filled though. To be honest i dont get why there is so much hype about closing the gap, as I know a lot of VERY GOOD pool players who have huge gaps and I dont think they dont cue straight because of it. But it's much easier to pot in pool so maybe because of it they don't suffer.
                    As for my stance, i can't decide which one to choose, but overall i feel more relaxed with both legs bent. I too think that I am able to bend them consistently. and moreover I dont feel very unstable either. When I happend to play pool it's virtually impossible for me to maintain comfort and braced leg at the same time.
                    Thanks for your comment and effort to upload photos.
                    In fact I didn't notice that you had both legs bent so I am guilty of missing that, but as I said when you post them here people will pick up more than I did. I do not recommend you play snooker with both legs bent although there are some pros that do that but the majority have the grip-side leg braced straight and even though you think you are stable with both legs bent you will be much more likely to have better stability with the right leg braced straight. Push the left leg out a bit and bend the back from the hips so the back remains straight. Do not forget to move the hips to the left when bending the left leg.

I still think one of your biggest problems is the shot approach which has been mentioned above. When standing behind the shot hold the cue level with the floor and have the right hand approximately in the place it will be in when you are in the address position, i.e. - beside the right hip. Also have the final grip formed in this position so you do not have to change the grip at all when you get down and your grip hand will already be on the line of aim. Right now you sort of 'swoop' into the shot even though the head and eyes are on the line of aim.

All the rest is just a matter of you getting lots of practice, especially solo practice but do try to play other players especially if they are better than yourself. A good split between solo practice and regular frames with another player is about 50% for each.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

my responses:
                      Best regards.
                      thanks and my apologies. I did'nt know that Terry send you a pm !!! btw,, when Terry coaching you with snooker,, Who am I to add something here ???? Thanks anyway and enjoy ur game.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        thanks and my apologies. I did'nt know that Terry send you a pm !!! btw,, when Terry coaching you with snooker,, Who am I to add something here ???? Thanks anyway and enjoy ur game.
                        Ramon:

I try to use a PM to avoid being jumped on by some of the members who seem to have an issue with my coaching advice and methods although in this case I received the PM from ibogine first.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          Ramon:

I try to use a PM to avoid being jumped on by some of the members who seem to have an issue with my coaching advice and methods although in this case I received the PM from ibogine first.

Terry
                          Well,, I don't think some of the members have problems ( issues ) with your coaching, Terry. Perhaps disagreement or misunderstandings. I think everyone can learn something from your coaching. IF a member is disagree with you , then he can ignore your post. No one is required to accept someone else's opinion. As far as I know, you have forced no one to do that either !!!
                          btw,,my post was not meant as sarcasm. I meant what I said.
                          I hope you keep posting here in the future. After all, this is a coaching section and you are an experienced snooker coach.
                          Sometimes, I'm not agree with some of your opinions. But that does'nt mean, that I have no respect for you. !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X