Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris cue, fake?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, just recently I became interested in snooker.

I would appreciate your opinion on a cue someone want to sell me, I read that there are a lot of fakes John Parris cues.

Sorry about the bad quality, this is the best I have.

Yep complete fake, how much did he want for it?

Comment

80£ ~ .

The low price made ​​me suspect, of course. But there is always a chance it's your lucky day ...

Comment

Is that triangle chalk fake also. Ha ha ha

Comment

Stay away from it like the plague. I saw examples of those being sold for 20 pounds here in South Africa.
          Originally Posted by nibo100 View Post
          80£ ~ .

The low price made ​​me suspect, of course. But there is always a chance it's your lucky day ...

Comment

But, is that an ultimate shaft????

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
              But, is that an ultimate shaft????

I've seen plenty of fake and cheap cues with ultimate shafts so It might well be

Comment

Thank you all for your help.

I'm going to buy it with fake money.

Comment

Thank you all for your help.

I'm going to buy it with fake money.
                  Tell him it's obviously a fake and offer him 20 quid or something as I think the cue is worth at least that

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

lol - not even a credible fake.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by cheebai
                      i am also going to buy the john parris cue..could anyone here tell me how to distinguish between real and fake one?i am going to buy the professional john parris cue
                      easiest way is to buy from a reputable seller or someone on here

Comment

Originally Posted by cheebai
                        i am also going to buy the john parris cue..could anyone here tell me how to distinguish between real and fake one?i am going to buy the professional john parris cue
                        A few ways to tell a fake -

Look out for even splicing - beautifully even points - lovely grain pattern - and super smooth finishing - and a reasonable asking price - dead giveaway
                        Last edited by Byrom; 27 October 2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

Look out for even splicing - beautifully even points - lovely grain pattern - and super smooth finishing - and a reasonable asking price - dead giveaway that its a fake
                          In that case you'd better send a certain cue back to me then mate as it was all of those things. I feel ashamed for peddling fakes
                          On Cue Facebook Page
                          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

Look out for even splicing - beautifully even points - lovely grain pattern - and super smooth finishing - and a reasonable asking price - dead giveaway
                            Not sure about the even splicing part,I've seen a few parris cues and ultimates with uneven splices

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              easiest way is to buy from a reputable seller or someone on here
                              There's certainly been at least two fake Parris cues sold by reputable members on here..
                              Whether they knew that to be the case at the time is another matter.
                              Buy one new or from someone who bought it new (and you trust) is the only way to be 100% sure.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Old cue collector --
                              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X