Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I first started playing I wish I knew....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i started earlier and i had enough money to quite my job and spend more time practicing snooker

Comment

I had started sooner than age 27, had a long cue from the get go and had really good eyesight instead of having to muck about with snooker specs and contact lenses.

Comment

No regrets from me. I knew everything that I needed to know when I started. That is, I knew literally nothing...exactly how it should be.
        I also started far too late...yes, I guess you could say that I would be a far better player had I started with it in early youth. But my word that would have serious implications later in life. I would probably end up being a bum.

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
          Why!
          I concentrated so much on getting all the textbook stuff right, for e.g. the "perfect" stance, rear pause, grip etc, so much so that I got too robotic and it did not allow me to develop a better feel for the shots. My game was going nowhere and I was always frustrated until I decided to, in a manner of speaking, throw caution to the wind and play more naturally.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Knowledge has a beginning but no end.

Comment

Originally Posted by md5299 View Post
              Knowledge has a beginning but no end.
              without any doubt,, One of the most beautiful comments that I have ever seen.
              My compliments !!!!!

Comment

the way to the golf course instead

Comment

That decisions are to be made before you bend down to the table to shoot.

Comment

I wish I had a good coach to start with...

Comment

I wish people were more critical about my technique. It took about two years before someone told me that my elbow was too far behind my body.

Comment

... that the standard that I aspire to reach now would have needed real and serious training with proper guidance, instead of just potting a ball at a time without the care of the world. You just can't pot them all with poor knowledge of positioning

Still it is never too late to learn and improve.
                        John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

i never had a coach and sometimes i wish i had.But then again,i have had half a livetime of love/hate relation with the game and the ups and downs that came with my understanding have run parallel with my personal growth.Learning snooker by myself has been a big but satisfying puzzel,each piece frustrating a times but the joy of coming futher and finally oversee the whole picture always kept me motivated.So no,it is just fine the way it is..

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            What perfume to buy the girl behind the counter as a present, she was lovely ........ apart from that, i wish i had coaching, i'm all self taught by watching the great Alex, i thought moving on the shot was essential
                            same here... except I watched Ronnie, judd and a lot of other players. I always like watching century breaks

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                              No regrets from me. I knew everything that I needed to know when I started. That is, I knew literally nothing...exactly how it should be.
                              I also started far too late...yes, I guess you could say that I would be a far better player had I started with it in early youth. But my word that would have serious implications later in life. I would probably end up being a bum.
                              I like this...thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X