Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers, I bought it because of its weight (17.5) and short(ish) length (57)*and its got a lovely taper to it and felt "right". I've had a new ferrule fitted by Bob Akers, I just didn't like the long ferrule phoenix use.

I think the butts amboyna but cant swear on it ....
    Last edited by rich123; 16 January 2017, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rich123 View Post
      Cheers, I bought it because of its weight (17.5) and short(ish) length (57)*and its got a lovely taper to it and felt "right". I've had a new ferrule fitted by Bob Ackers, I just didn't like the long ferrule phoenix use.

Did you get if from Craftsmans Cues, they have a good selection of Phoenix.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
        Did you get if from Craftsmans Cues, they have a good selection of Phoenix.
        Yes I*did, I spent around 3 hours there one Saturday, I've had a few cues from them over the years, Simon and Dave are nice blokes who do their best to accommodate you

Comment

Cheers, I bought it because of its weight (17.5) and short(ish) length (57)*and its got a lovely taper to it and felt "right". I've had a new ferrule fitted by Bob Ackers, I just didn't like the long ferrule phoenix use.

thanks. looks good . first time i see that kind of wood.
          phoenix are good value cues.
          I hope suits your game .

Comment

Yes I*did, I spent around 3 hours there one Saturday, I've had a few cues from them over the years, Simon and Dave are nice blokes who do their best to accommodate you
            Yeah, good lads they are.
            Never been to him but I hear Bob Akers is a legend.

Comment

• ....its spot on and*don't think I'll find one any better, a few players have picked it up after racking a new frame up and haven't noticed its not theirs until I've pointed it out, how does that work ?. I would know instantly if I'd picked wrong cue up off table, although I never have tbh ...

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                Yeah, good lads they are.
                Never been to him but I hear Bob Akers is a legend.
                He certainly is and some of the pro's of yesteryear he's done work for is amazing, another complete gentleman

Comment

....its spot on and*don't think I'll find one any better, a few players have picked it up after racking a new frame up and haven't noticed its not theirs until I've pointed it out, how does that work ?. I would know instantly if I'd picked wrong cue up off table, although I never have tbh ...
                  Good stuff mate. You've found the one

He will be a snooker head till he passes will Bob.

Comment

Cheers, I bought it because of its weight (17.5) and short(ish) length (57)*and its got a lovely taper to it and felt "right". I've had a new ferrule fitted by Bob Akers, I just didn't like the long ferrule phoenix use.

looks more like that pale moon ebony than amboyna
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers, I bought it because of its weight (17.5) and short(ish) length (57)*and its got a lovely taper to it and felt "right". I've had a new ferrule fitted by Bob Akers, I just didn't like the long ferrule phoenix use.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      looks more like that pale moon ebony than amboyna
                      Looks more like Zebrawood than Pale Moon Ebony with Tulip Wood and ebony.
                      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                        Looks more like Zebrawood than Pale Moon Ebony with Tulip Wood and ebony.
                        could be zebrawood, good shout

Comment

• I cant seem to upload my photos to the forum directly, but here's a link to some photos of my Maximus Ultimate with newly added Black spin ferrule. Specs are 57.5" 9.3mm 18oz 17" 29mm.
                          http://imgur.com/a/VebfM

Comment

• I cant seem to upload my photos to the forum directly, but here's a link to some photos of my Maximus Ultimate with newly added Black spin ferrule. Specs are 57.5" 9.3mm 18oz 17" 29mm.

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

worked the first time

forget the attachment function in TSF as it is not the best
                              continue with a image site like imgur, photobucket, etc.
                              question - does your site give you the ability to copy the IMG code for your image? I use photobucket and for a selected image you get several options and obesity is IMG. If you copy this code into the post the image is displayed and not the url.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dom979 View Post
                                I cant seem to upload my photos to the forum directly, but here's a link to some photos of my Maximus Ultimate with newly added Black spin ferrule. Specs are 57.5" 9.3mm 18oz 17" 29mm.
                                My friend, I did it for you . I hope you do'nt mind.

Great looking cue btw, i hope it suits your game.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X