0000wire wool.on cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0000wire wool.on cue

Was going to give cues a we oil.but do you use wire 0000wool on them with the oil.or just oil on paper towel a have raw linseed and toung oil
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

I use paper towel to apply the very little oil as possible

then after a few minutes to allow the oil to soak in where needed, a new piece of paper towel to remove the excess oil from the cue

Never used wirewool - regardless on grade - to apply oil
    Last edited by DeanH; 27 December 2016, 04:23 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I use paper towel to apply the very little oil as possible

then after a few minutes to allow the oil to soak in where needed, a new piece of paper towel to remove the excess oil from the cue

Never used wirewool - regardless on grade - to apply oil
      Yes a was thinking not to use it but saw on mw page about his liquid oil.and sure it said wire wool
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

not saying it should not be used, just that I have never used it

only apply oil after the cue has been cleaned down, very lightly damp cloth, else if just oiling the oil will be on top of the dirt

I assume you mean this webpage:
        http://handmadecues.com/cue-care/

also see this, and make your own ideas
        https://www.parriscues.com/cue_care/
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes saw them.both dean
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

I like Orange oil, it cleans and enhances any wood. Was turned on to it by a woodworker in my locality. As always less is more, wipe on wipe off. An old maxim is oil once a day for a week once a week for a month once a month for a year and once a year for life.

Comment

Originally Posted by wideride96 View Post
              I like Orange oil, it cleans and enhances any wood. Was turned on to it by a woodworker in my locality. As always less is more, wipe on wipe off. An old maxim is oil once a day for a week once a week for a month once a month for a year and once a year for life.
              I like this, but I'm fairly sure it will be misunderstood soon.

Comment

wouldn't use the wire wool but would recommend wire wool for use on a new tip.
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by wideride96 View Post
                  An old maxim is oil once a day for a week once a week for a month once a month for a year and once a year for life.
                  Could be why so many makers take so long to send cues out to customers. The once a year for life is down to the customer though Trevor

Comment

I use wire wool to cut a key and then a few coats of oil - it will depend on your cue though!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I use 0000 wire wool mainly when i have forgotten to wipe excess oil off and it's gone really tacky, often when it's about ten cues and a really hot day when I suddenly realise after a nice shower what I've done , so it's back to work using the wire wool and some more oil as lubricant to remove all the tacky residue, then back in the shower as by that time I'm dripping with sweat

Comment

The 0000 wire wool is more for cleaning but I wouldn't use any water on a cue as some would say...
                        Been dealing with all sorts of finishes for year's as I'm an antique restorer with over 30 year's behind me.

I use Danish oil, which is linseed with added driers.
                        So it can be cleaned off in 10 minutes and get more on in a day.
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                          The 0000 wire wool is more for cleaning but I wouldn't use any water on a cue as some would say...
                          Been dealing with all sorts of finishes for year's as I'm an antique restorer with over 30 year's behind me.

+10 to that .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post

Oh no, not that argument again!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              Oh no, not that argument again!
                              hahaha, I saw this post coming up !!

Comment

Working...
                              X