Ending Betting Sponsors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ending Betting Sponsors?

The International Tennis Federation has announced that they are ending partnerships with betting sponsors early. Should snooker do the same if Banks,Insurance companies ect decide to get on board?

Beggars can't be choosers, but I wish we could , I honestly would rather have the fag companies back than the betting lot.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Beggars can't be choosers, but I wish we could , I honestly would rather have the fag companies back than the betting lot.
      so would I mate but thems the breaks.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

There was a piece on the Pro Snooker Blog a little while ago about whether there should be a minimum age for turning professional and whether a relaxing of the rules on the minimum age was due to the end of tobacco sponsorship. If you have professional players 16&17 years old which is younger than the legal gambling age then is this sending the correct message?

Having said that sponsors don't seem to be forming a queue to back snooker tournaments so the trend is likely to continue. Coral were sponsoring snooker in the 80s but so we're Hofmeister, Tennent's and the tobacco companies. let's be grateful all the tournaments have sponsors now.

https://www.prosnookerblog.com/2012/...-is-too-young/

Comment

The betting companies can make back their money from what the punters bet on the tournaments they sponsor, so it's win win for them.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            The betting companies can make back their money from what the punters bet on the tournaments they sponsor, so it's win win for them.
            if they didn't get a ROI, I am sure they would not be doing it
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by s.h442 View Post
              The International Tennis Federation has announced that they are ending partnerships with betting sponsors early. Should snooker do the same if Banks,Insurance companies ect decide to get on board?
              I'd rather have a betting company than a bank as a sponsor any day.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                I'd rather have a betting company than a bank as a sponsor any day.
                to be honest who could sponsor it? its seems any major corp has some ethical concerns

Comment

Hmrc

:d ....

Comment

I was thinking there are 40,000 members on here we could all stick in a tenner and crowd source a tourney, we could make them play at least one match in all the cities in the U.K. That way we can all get to watch it, I don't see how it fails.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I miss the pretty Benson & Hedges ladies handing out fags at the Masters

Having said that, as long as the prize money keeps increasing and doesn't revert back to the dreadful 2006-2010 levels, I don't mind who the sponsors are. The WC should have a £500k winner's prize, considering how much they get in darts ffs.
                      Last edited by Ronnington; 21 January 2017, 11:14 AM.
                      Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Working...
                      X