Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi TSF

Hi!

Just popping in to say hello! Seems like a great place, wish I knew about it earlier!

A little bit about me:

I'm from Telford in Shropshire, I have followed snooker since the early 90's but kind of fell out of love with watching it during the mid 2000's whilst I was at university, I still played here and there but not a great deal. I have recently gotten back into watching snooker on TV and realised how much I've missed it, a lot of new names and faces since I properly used to watch it!

Growing up I've always been a pool player, playing at pubs and clubs whilst at university (it was more accessible/social compared to snooker). I would say I'm pretty good, above average on a UK pool table, can usually clear a table more often than not if given a chance thanks to spending pretty much all my time in the SU.

Over Christmas I was asked if I wanted to go play snooker so jumped at the chance as it had been years, maybe roughly since 2006 since I last played snooker. I was absolutely awful! I mean I couldn't get into double figures every time I made any kind of score, it was really frustrating especially knowing I'm decent at pool and usually have a good eye for angles. Certain shots seemed fine, I knew what I needed to do, I'd get in my stance and line it up and the ball would go nowhere near the pocket it seemed like the balls had a mind of their own! lol.

Since that day I've been determined to get better at snooker, I can't accept being poor at anything so I've decided to start regularly going on weekends, working on my technique, stance, action, pretty much starting from scratch for snooker as I feel it's a completely different beast compared to pool.

Telford isn't the greatest for social activity so we pretty much only have the one snooker club here, it's close by so that's a plus, I think once I get into the swing of things and get better I would like to maybe join some kind of league somewhere close by if they exist.

Hope you are all well!

Take Care
    XLNC

Just keep at it mate! You will continue to improve!

Welcome to the Forum

If we can help in any way with a cue for you please get in touch!

Also there is probably a snooker coach local to you maybe worth a couple of hours?

Thanks
    The HJC Team
    For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
    Handmade to order in England to your specification
    Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

Welcome XLNC, lots of clever snooker people on here to help you improve your game. Hope you enjoy the forum.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Welcome to TSF :snooker:. Great introduction .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Welcome aboard mate : )
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Thanks everyone!

HJCOFFICIAL - Thanks! I've got myself a cue etc, so I'm well prepared in that regards but will keep you in mind if I need another! thanks for the offer! In terms of a coach, that sounds like a good idea, I will have to search around to see if there are any in my area but I doubt there are many here.

Comment

Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
              Thanks everyone!

HJCOFFICIAL - Thanks! I've got myself a cue etc, so I'm well prepared in that regards but will keep you in mind if I need another! thanks for the offer! In terms of a coach, that sounds like a good idea, I will have to search around to see if there are any in my area but I doubt there are many here.
              No problem mate!

Call us or email us anytime, door always open!

Hope you get on well with your new cue, keep the forum updated of your progress

All the best

HJC
              For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
              Handmade to order in England to your specification
              Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

Welcome to TSF .

Looking forward to read your posts . :snooker:

Comment

Hello and welcome.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                  X