Coaching with Tedisbill - a review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching with Tedisbill - a review

On Friday I had a 2 hour coaching session with Tedisbill in the West Midlands. It was really useful and from watching me play he identified that my problem wasn't my cue action or my potting ability but rather my decision making. I was getting down and just playing shots rather than thinking 3 shots ahead. He offers advice that is specific to your game. I started off playing the line up and he quickly identified my faults and then I played a few practice frames where he mainly helped me with shot selection. Like he said the problem many players of my standard have is that we choose the wrong shot to play and sometimes don't have a plan.

It was inspiring to hear that he thinks I can make a 50 break in the next 6 months with practice. I think he has a good perspective as he went from being a 36 break player to someone who has made lots of centuries so I think that learning process he went through helps with his coaching. My first aim is a 50 break in the next 6 months, so by mid to late August. I'm going to book another session for the end of March.

I'd definitely recommend Steve as a coach for anyone looking to improve their game. He gives you great advice that is very useful.
    Last edited by jamesg19851; 19 February 2018, 12:11 AM.

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
    On Friday I had a 2 hour coaching session with Tedisbill. It was really useful and from watching me play he identified that my problem wasn't my cue action or my potting ability but rather my decision making. I was getting down and just playing shots rather than thinking 3 shots ahead. He offers advice that is specific to your game. I started off playing the line up and he quickly identified my faults and then I played a few practice frames where he mainly helped me with shot selection. Like he said the problem many players of my standard have is that we choose the wrong shot to play and sometimes don't have a plan.

It was inspiring to hear that he thinks I can make a 50 break in the next 6 months with practice. I think he has a good perspective as he went from being a 36 break player to someone who has made lots of centuries so I think that learning process he went through helps with his coaching. My first aim is a 50 break in the next 6 months, so by mid to late August. I'm going to book another session for the end of March.

I'd definitely recommend Steve as a coach for anyone looking to improve their game. He gives you great advice that is very useful.
    Steve!? Are you saying Tedisbill isn't Ted or Bill? Bogus dude.

Glad to hear the sesh went well though, best of luck for the 50.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      Steve!? Are you saying Tedisbill isn't Ted or Bill? Bogus dude.

Glad to hear the sesh went well though, best of luck for the 50.
      Yh, Steve, I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning his name. Thanks, yh I'm confident I can make one by mid to late August, I've just got to keep on practising and stay healthy off the table.

Comment

Good to hear that it went well James. Having met up and played Steve myself he's a really good player and a great guy. Definitely make a good coach. Sure if you have few more sessions with him you will get that 50.

Comment

James, I am with you on that. I am at the moment trying to be 50 break standard, at least one per session. Shot selection is the key area I agree all needed to improve.
          Good luck with your target. Hope we will get there after half year or even better.

Comment

Good to hear that it went well James. Having met up and played Steve myself he's a really good player and a great guy. Definitely make a good coach. Sure if you have few more sessions with him you will get that 50.
            Not as good looking or charismatic as old Pottr though? x

Comment

More on point, Mark... How would you feel about a colossal pasting one day this week? Half term and all that, I might be able to get over

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                More on point, Mark... How would you feel about a colossal pasting one day this week? Half term and all that, I might be able to get over
                If you can make it over I'd be up for doing a bit of fielding. I'll give you a message and arrange something.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                  Not as good looking or charismatic as old Pottr though? x
                  He's back!
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I'll give you a message and arrange something.
                    thought that said massage... I admit, I was gutted when I read it back to check :'( x

He's back!
                    UNDERCOVER BOSS!

Comment

Originally Posted by howardlax View Post
                      James, I am with you on that. I am at the moment trying to be 50 break standard, at least one per session. Shot selection is the key area I agree all needed to improve.
                      Good luck with your target. Hope we will get there after half year or even better.
                      Thanks, I hope you achieve your goal too. Have you already had a 50 and want to be a regular 50 break player?

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                        Thanks, I hope you achieve your goal too. Have you already had a 50 and want to be a regular 50 break player?
                        Oh, I can regularly get 50,60 in practice with line up or T, but not in a game although highest in a match is 94... I think I am constantly 30+ break each game session now. I just need to work on basic over and over again and improve my shot selection. It will be there eventually, in the end it's just the hours in...

Comment

Originally Posted by howardlax View Post
                          Oh, I can regularly get 50,60 in practice with line up or T, but not in a game although highest in a match is 94... I think I am constantly 30+ break each game session now. I just need to work on basic over and over again and improve my shot selection. It will be there eventually, in the end it's just the hours in...
                          That's good, a 94 in a match is impressive. My highest line up break is 80 odd and in a match it's 36. In a session I'm making the occasional 40 odd break in the line up at the moment, but I've only recently started practising pretty regularly.

It's the same with me, I need to put the hours in. Good luck

Comment

Thanks very much for the kind words, James.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the session. There's always room for improvement in all areas of the game. But as we discussed, I think with getting you to think more like a snooker player, you should see a big improvement in your game.

Any changes you make will always take some adjustment time. Just try to enjoy it it, and with time you'll pick it up, and it will become second nature.

TedisSteve
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X