Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about a cue's brand: O'min or not O'min?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ctrlaltsupr View Post
    Thanks a lot, but my user (I am a "junior" member... 60 yrs old) has not privileges to send a message to Dave Coutts..
    "junior" is purely on the number of posts and not personal

to gain extra functions (like PM) you need 10 posts (and a bit of patience) and you are on 8 already

you can also email Dave Coutts as per info on his website
    http://www.couttscues.co.uk/contact.php
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks again.
      I'm not displeased (but very pleased) about to be named "junior". It's nice.

I will email Dave to ask him.

I tested the cue today, and I like it very much. I'm happy with it. It's quite handsome and plays good (much better than me).

Cheers

Comment

Confused about a cue's brand: O'min or not O'min?

you like it and you play well with it - that is all that matters - junior

Comment

You should not believe how many I have learned in near three years searching for a cue. I have learned about splices, veneers, joints, woods... I'm sure the best cues is the one the player plays better with. But I read TSF and my expectations rise very much.
          It's very difficult try to buy a cue from Spain. I read eBay, and discovered gumtree. Found many cues, but many people doesn't want to send the cue to Spain. That way I've lost gorgeous cues: Aeon, Mastercraft and many others, including a Snookercraft... snif.
          My worst case was a Toni Wilshaw cue. I sent 185 euro to a gumtree "seller", who don't sent me anything. The case has bees denounced to the British authorities.

Thanks a lot for your answers. I've emailed Dave mentioning your name.

Cheers a lot

Comment

You should not believe how many I have learned in near three years searching for a cue. I have learned about splices, veneers, joints, woods... I'm sure the best cues is the one the player plays better with. But I read TSF and my expectations rise very much.
            It's very difficult try to buy a cue from Spain. I read eBay, and discovered gumtree. Found many cues, but many people doesn't want to send the cue to Spain. That way I've lost gorgeous cues: Aeon, Mastercraft and many others, including a Snookercraft... snif.
            My worst case was a Toni Wilshaw cue. I sent 185 euro to a gumtree "seller", who don't sent me anything. The case has bees denounced to the British authorities.

Thanks a lot for your answers. I've emailed Dave mentioning your name.

Cheers a lot
            I totally believe, as most TSF members went through exactly what you describe at the beginning

shame about not posting abroad but I know where they are coming from, things ate lost, extra unknown duties, etc and all that happens is that the seller gets blamed and losses out (ebay default)

not heard of Snookercraft

Hope you don't mean my name - would mean nothing to Dave Coutts
            hope he replies nevertheless

let us know how you get on

Comment

Hi, again.

Well I've tested my "new" cue. I love it. I think it's made in ash, ebony and "cocobolo"(?) and I believe it's a very good cue. And, absolutely, it's MY cue.
              It has a little issue. There is a very thin fissure in the ebony wood, and one of the brass joint halve is slightly loose against the wood. I am thinking how I could fix it.
              Dave has not reply me by the moment...
              About Snookercraft: I've suspected I was worry about the name, but I don't think it now. I've seen this ad in gumtree:
              https://www.gumtree.com/p/pool-snook...ion/1285369100
              One of the cues is a Snookercraft.
              In one of the many ads I have read, I remember somebody said Snookercraft was a brand established by former workers of Cuecraft (I think. Not sure) They crafted very good cues and sold it from a van, going through the villages.

I am not so junior, now...

Cheers a lot and thanks so much

Comment

glad you found a nice cue
                the link no longer works

Comment

The offer was too good to stay for many time... 10 pounds...

Comment

Your memory is so bad as mine:
                    http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-heard-of-them

Comment

years older now...

Comment

Working...
                      X