Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never in all my life have I made such statements as you are suggesting, but when people keep making up statements like yourself do, I suggest that you prove your point before making these rediculous comments. You say these things do not come from you but my fans, then dont write about them if you dont know. As for Cliff not mentioning me it does not take much working out does it, the players you are talking about that helped him in those years was before he became World Champion in the 70sups -80s or perhaps even before that, I don't know because I had not met him then. But then you only read about that when you were a boy. As you are a Canadian, why don't you ASK Cliff he is quite easy to get hold off then perhaps it would stop you making these statements that you obviously don't know. As for Cliff never mentioning me, he actually gave me praise in the SUNDAY TIMES, so the millions who read that knew, except yourself that did not bother to read the report. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
      Never in all my life have I made such statements as you are suggesting, but when people keep making up statements like yourself do, I suggest that you prove your point before making these rediculous comments. You say these things do not come from you but my fans, then dont write about them if you dont know. As for Cliff not mentioning me it does not take much working out does it, the players you are talking about that helped him in those years was before he became World Champion in the 70sups -80s or perhaps even before that, I don't know because I had not met him then. But then you only read about that when you were a boy. As you are a Canadian, why don't you ASK Cliff he is quite easy to get hold off then perhaps it would stop you making these statements that you obviously don't know. As for Cliff never mentioning me, he actually gave me praise in the SUNDAY TIMES, so the millions who read that knew, except yourself that did not bother to read the report. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
      Hi Ian/Roy, please can you use the Quote/Reply With Quote so we can easily see which post you are replying to
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Never in all my life have I made such statements as you are suggesting, but when people keep making up statements like yourself do, I suggest that you prove your point before making these rediculous comments. You say these things do not come from you but my fans, then dont write about them if you dont know. As for Cliff not mentioning me it does not take much working out does it, the players you are talking about that helped him in those years was before he became World Champion in the 70sups -80s or perhaps even before that, I don't know because I had not met him then. But then you only read about that when you were a boy. As you are a Canadian, why don't you ASK Cliff he is quite easy to get hold off then perhaps it would stop you making these statements that you obviously don't know. As for Cliff never mentioning me, he actually gave me praise in the SUNDAY TIMES, so the millions who read that knew, except yourself that did not bother to read the report. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
        Don't get the Sunday Times over here in Canada. I might see Cliff today if he's home as we have a tournament today and he comes to watch and meet the players sometimes.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

I don't know who you so I don't know what I'm talking about or how to play snooker? The balls just go in... I must be a jedi.

Still don't know who you are? Ronnie Pickering?

All you have done in this thread is elaborate on basic technique with some jargon that goes nowhere and drop a few names of players from 1000BC

You're boring, pretentious and as irrelevant to snooker as me and most everyone else on this forum...

You're a legend in your own living room. Hear too much of it from folks like you in my time...

Jack of 'There are no snooker secrets it's a pretty simple game to deconstruct'

available to buy or download on Amazon.

Comment

• Roy of Snooker Secrets

Good for you, we will soon be seeing you on telly. All the best. Roy.

Comment

• To keep the sanity here - we should all listen to different coaches or theories and practices and pick out the best bits - everyone has something to offer - for me Roy's book/video has put a whole new light on the game and how i see a shot - rules were there to be broken - a textbook is there as a base and there to be experimented with snooker isnt an exact science!
              Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                To keep the sanity here - we should all listen to different coaches or theories and practices and pick out the best bits - everyone has something to offer - for me Roy's book/video has put a whole new light on the game and how i see a shot - rules were there to be broken - a textbook is there as a base and there to be experimented with snooker isnt an exact science!
                Hi Chrisg, you are quite right in what you say, snooker is not an exact science, so I am going to give everyone the best tip that they will ever get. LISTEN to EVERYONE as to what they say, ask your friends who play what there best shot is and how they play it, in fact ask any player what there best shot is and how they play it. By doing this you will get a massive range of shots that you would never have thought of never mind reading about them, it is the inner thoughts of a player that you never can see. Coaches can only explain what they have been taught and how THEY do it. So ALWAYS ASK. Roy of Snooker Secrets

Comment

Hi Chrisg, you are quite right in what you say, snooker is not an exact science, so I am going to give everyone the best tip that they will ever get. LISTEN to EVERYONE as to what they say, ask your friends who play what there best shot is and how they play it, in fact ask any player what there best shot is and how they play it. By doing this you will get a massive range of shots that you would never have thought of never mind reading about them, it is the inner thoughts of a player that you never can see. Coaches can only explain what they have been taught and how THEY do it. So ALWAYS ASK. Roy of Snooker Secrets
                  please can you repeat what this tip is; as I don't think I can actually see it in this long thread
                  So I can then assess it for myself

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    please can you repeat what this tip is; as I don't think I can actually see it in this long thread
                    So I can then assess it for myself
                    Afraid I can not explain it any other way DeanH, so good luck in your game. Roy of Snooker Secrets.

Comment

Afraid I can not explain it any other way DeanH, so good luck in your game. Roy of Snooker Secrets.
                      thanks Roy/Ian
                      But sorry I did not ask you to explain it in another way, I asked if you could repeat the actual tip itself as I am not going to trawl through 900 post to find this "tip" I will probably miss it that way anyway

or point to the post # where you posted it

Comment

thanks Roy/Ian
                        But sorry I did not ask you to explain it in another way, I asked if you could repeat the actual tip itself as I am not going to trawl through 900 post to find this "tip" I will probably miss it that way anyway

I think the tip was to listen to everyone, and take the bits that work for you. Who's Ian?

Comment

• Sorry about that DeanH, I thought everyone read these posts on a daily basis. Roy of Snooker Secrets

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                            I think the tip was to listen to everyone, and take the bits that work for you. Who's Ian?
                            I was hoping it was not that bit
                            I am sure TD would not argue with that bit of advise;
                            hence I asked what it was - the actual best bit of advise was

alrocco = TSF name
                            Roy of Snooker Secrets = internet name
                            Ian Chisholm = real name
                            or so this is what I think I have gleaned from alrocco's posts

Comment

thanks Roy/Ian

Post 907 Dean, just advice to ask other players their best shot and how to play it, not really a snooker secret just common sense really. Learn from better players. Apologies, I hadn't refreshed the browser before replying lol.

Comment

Sorry about that DeanH, I thought everyone read these posts on a daily basis. Roy of Snooker Secrets
                                I doubt everyone reads every post
                                many just look on a selection of sub-forums and nowhere else; some look at the "New Posts", some in "What's New" filters.
                                I do tend to read every post - hence why I got roped into being a moderator
                                But that does not necessarily mean I actually read the words; just look for any pattern of "against the rules" stuff
                                Also been away since last Tuesday with family issues so missed a few, hence I asked for the "best tip ever" again in case it could help with my game
                                ta

Comment

Working...
                                X