Hello guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello guys

Hi all. Can't believe I didn't know this forum existed until now! I'm an amateur snooker fanatic, play twice a week and luckily if I hit a 25!

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
    Hi all. Can't believe I didn't know this forum existed until now! I'm an amateur snooker fanatic, play twice a week and luckily if I hit a 25!
    Welcome to the forum, where are you based?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I'm in Bradford, West Yorkshire. A few clubs around here but not many decent I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
        I'm in Bradford, West Yorkshire. A few clubs around here but not many decent I'm afraid.
        Same everywhere these days, clubs shutting down all over the place, I play in a working men's club, but that's more to do with being a tight are rather than lack of choice! Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
          Same everywhere these days, clubs shutting down all over the place, I play in a working men's club, but that's more to do with being a tight are rather than lack of choice! Lol
          Haha! You have to be at times to keep up with the hobby! I play someone regular, best of 9 two nights a week and play so the loser pays the bill! He's slightly better than me but learnt to grind out the results which helps!

Trying to move on the game to the next level and ditch the £30 Chinese cue I got off ebay 8 years ago as it's not helping. What would you recommend for around up to £175? I've asked about James Butters cues to a few members. No luck as of yet.

Comment

If your going for a Butters try bigandyg on here, the problem with them is the finish let's them down, Andy is a hell of a cue maker but has sadly retired, he tends to refinish the Butters cues to his standard so you get a hell of a good cue for your money.
            Jim Evans on here makes some great cues, Jawes cues, and I believe he's reworking a few Thai cues that may come in around your budget if not less,
            ADR147 has some cracking cues at the moment, email him or have a look on eBay.

Comment

Thank you! Sounds like you know the market very well. I'll definitely follow up those leads.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain - how do you PM someone? I can view a profile but can't see an option to send a message

Comment

Go into your notifications at the top and it should be down the left hand side

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                    Go into your notifications at the top and it should be down the left hand side
                    Thank you! Got it.

Comment

Working...
                    X