How Do I Become a Better Loser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    I heard Stephen Hendry say the other day "show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser" I'm fairly sure he nicked that quote from someone else but I can't remember who.

One thing to remember though, Stephen Hendry was a great snooker player, but I wouldn't invite him out for a beer if I had the chance.
    Yes, Hendry wasn´t a good loser. We have sometimes had discussions about the perfect player, and noone gets even near Hendry when it came to winning mentality.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by jdub View Post
      Whenever I watch snooker, and the match is over, the losing player always extends his hand to the winner. In post match interviews, they almost always have great things to say about their opponent. While I don't throw tantrums, I can definitely be a sore loser at times. I am very competitive and hate losing, so when I do lose, I feel like it's always because I didn't play to my standard.

Maybe it's deeper than that, but I'm no psychologist.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve in this area?
      The postmatchinterview is rarely made just after the match, so the player nearly always have had a few minutes to recompose before standing in front of the press.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
      X