No announcement yet.

Judd trump alignment and cue action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saying he moves doesn't necessarily explain it though does it, his movement could be because he's correcting his cueing, not that he's cueing wrong because of movement.
    Jimmy had the ability to win the world title, Trump doesn't IMO , he's a streaky player, unplayable in top form ,but I don't think he can do it for the seventeen days.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I believe the movement you see in his shoulder is because as he draws the cue back he is pulling on the cue slightly because he twists his shoulders. You don't notice it as much on the slower backswing and it becomes more apparent as he drives the cue through.

Comment

Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
        Ah ok I had noticed it before but ebdon first tv commentator iv heard mention it. Think he will get a tweet for sure later on from trump lol. You would think it can't be a recipe for consistency cueing like that although he has won 1.7 million so what do I know?!
        i heard this last year. can't remember who was commentating at the time, but this has been known for some time

Comment

Watch jamie cope, John Higgins, Graham dott, they all do it, can't all have the same thoughts as judd, believe me it's to do with where the cue is on the chin so your eyes are seeing wat they reckon is middle ball but because you're either too far over to 1 eye or not enough Wat u see as middle is not. Most players go down to Wat they see as middle ball but is actually further to 1 side.

Comment

Im not doubtng your knowledge here, you may be right. But how would that pull and push the cue off line and move his shoulders as he does on the backswing/ delivery if that is the case?

If you get down into a cueing position and slightly twist/pull your shoulder on the backswing and then deliver the cue as you would a stroke you will see it gives the exact same movement as Judd does.

Get the ironing board out and try it lads. Let us know your thoughts...
            Last edited by cally; 25 April 2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
              Watch jamie cope, John Higgins, Graham dott, they all do it, can't all have the same thoughts as judd, believe me it's to do with where the cue is on the chin so your eyes are seeing wat they reckon is middle ball but because you're either too far over to 1 eye or not enough Wat u see as middle is not. Most players go down to Wat they see as middle ball but is actually further to 1 side.
              When I put my tip to centre of CB it looks perfect to me but people behind me say I'm aiming left of centre (right handed , left eye dominant) . I could play up and down the spits etc just fine .

Someone took a video for me of me striking the ball and I was indeed aiming left but hit centre .

I've spent ages trying to correct this and my game went south .

After speaking to a tour player recently , he said he did the exact same thing and tried to correct it without success , he just accepted it and his game came back . I too am just going to let it happen naturally and not stress over it .

Comment

As I said it's all to do with the eyes, where u place your cue for your sighting, it's something most players do. The problem is, if u go to a coach and get told your left eye is your dominant eye most will cue under your left eye but how do u know how far over to cue? Do u go slightly under your left or do u go to the side of your chin, u just put it where u think and get on with it but most don't see middle ball correctly from where they are on the shot, I know this cause I do the same thing and when trying to correct it I need to aim at what I see as left hand side so it's not a nice thing to aim at what u see as putting side on the ball and trying to trust it under pressure in tournament play

Comment

I see, thanks. isn't his shoulder movement something different to that?

Not saying he doesnt aim as you say but what about the movement he has in his action (shoulders) when he's pulling and then pushing the cue?

Comment

I tried moving the cue around my chin but the shot looks the same and the results were the same so at least that's one less thing to think about lol

Comment

that's the mind telling him he needs to correct it and that's the way he does it. some will move their arm across the line, some will twist their wrist, he "rolls" his shoulder to correct it.

Comment

I might be wrong but I thought the slight movement forward was all part of his game and helps his timing and helps him get thro the ball. Nothing to do with correcting where he hits on the white. He has done this since he was a kid.

The above post by frazz could be also be right too as lots of players learn to play with what others regard as flaws and they make them a consistent part of their game and learn to play doing it - eg Selby's swaying movement before the hit. I was always told keep head still but if you look at the world champion quarter finalists you notice fu MacManus and Selby all have consistent head movement before the shot - part of their game.

Last edited by Byrom; 1 May 2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Alan McManus as well pronounced head movement upwards especially on power shots.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                            I would say this could be true for those who cue close to centre of the two eyes where the two images of the cue (one from each eye) can be in the field of vision, but Trump doesn't, he has the classic boxer stance for a left handed right eye sighter with his cue directly under his right eye; a rifle sighters view of the cue ball and object ball, the submissive eye isn't doing much but giving depth perception, it doesn't come into the equation off addressing the cue ball as it's well outside the line of aim, unlike say John Higgins who cues closer to his left eye than his right but not directly under it.

Take a look at McGill, right handed and sights with his right eye, has a boxer stance and turns his head to the left, tucking his left cheek into his left shoulder to get his right eye over the cue instead of adopting a square stance like Hendry; no problem for him addressing centre cue ball as he's sighting with the cue directly under one eye.

No one who has sighting problems moves on the shot to correct them, they get used to playing across the cue ball and subconsciously aim accordingly. I'm certain Trump addresses to the right to counteract his body movement, the fact that he addresses more to the right for power shots, where his body movement is greater, than he does for slow shots tells me that this is not a subconscious act, and unless he himself says otherwise...........................

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                              I would say this could be true for those who cue close to centre of the two eyes where the two images of the cue (one from each eye) can be in the field of vision, but Trump doesn't, he has the classic boxer stance for a left handed right eye sighter with his cue directly under his right eye; a rifle sighters view of the cue ball and object ball, the submissive eye isn't doing much but giving depth perception, it doesn't come into the equation off addressing the cue ball as it's well outside the line of aim, unlike say John Higgins who cues closer to his left eye than his right but not directly under it.

Take a look at McGill, right handed and sights with his right eye, has a boxer stance and turns his head to the left, tucking his left cheek into his left shoulder to get his right eye over the cue instead of adopting a square stance like Hendry; no problem for him addressing centre cue ball as he's sighting with the cue directly under one eye.

No one who has sighting problems moves on the shot to correct them, they get used to playing across the cue ball and subconsciously aim accordingly. I'm certain Trump addresses to the right to counteract his body movement, the fact that he addresses more to the right for power shots, where his body movement is greater, than he does for slow shots tells me that this is not a subconscious act, and unless he himself says otherwise...........................
                              Jfyi afaik trump is actually naturally right handed, only does snooks left handed

Comment

Working...
                              X