• Show
Clear All

• John Parris Master Cue Advice

[IMG] windows 7 screenshot[/IMG]
    [IMG] image hosting[/IMG]
    [IMG] pictures upload[/IMG]
    [IMG] upload gambar[/IMG]

Firstly, hello

I was planning on selling this John Parris Master Cue on EBay. The listing had not been up for long before I received a message from someone telling me that it is a fake as it has been machine sliced. Having looked at it, I don't think it looks like it has been machine sliced but rather has been painted at points to make the lines look more straight, although that is just along the short edges, not the long.

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination about these things so I thought I would come here and ask y'all your opinion.

It is machine spliced , but i believe that JP did make these cues .

There was a thread on this not so long ago on here .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

It is machine spliced as it should be as master cues where machine spliced

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies
        So it ISN'T a fake then?

Comment

Looks like a Genuine JP Master to me :encouragement::encouragement:

Comment

Huzzah! :snooker:

Guy was probably meaning well but didn't know that JP machine spliced too.

Comment

as said above Master Cue was the only machine-spliced cue that John Parris sold.
              The first time I find reference to this cue name is late-1990, when Parris was expanding his range of cues (first price £80 ).
              and it appeared in the advert photos from 1993/4 to 2000ish
              as has been said there can be fakes out there (as with nearly everything) but from the photos above this one looks fine
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks DeanH

I found a tweet from John Parrish himself confirming that the master cues were machine spliced up until 2002

Comment

cool thanks for that

ps there were no "Master Cue" that were NOT machine spliced

good luck with the sale
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Prob with Ebay, I had the same thing- messages saying it was fake, I had owned mine from new! Too many ill formed so called experts out there.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
                      Prob with Ebay, I had the same thing- messages saying it was fake, I had owned mine from new! Too many ill formed so called experts out there.
                      Every single day I get it!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It works both ways, I've often been told to ....... when I've let someone know there's a problem with a cue their selling on eBay or that their advert is wrong or misleading.
                        I also see it from the other side, when someone offers me a cue they bought on eBay for a lot of money and I have to give them the bad news.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Old cue collector --
                        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X