No announcement yet.

2016 World Championship discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not bad from Alan to say he had a massive bogey hanging out of his nose the whole session! ;-)

Comment

• McManus is playing well but his long potting is his Achilles heel.
      Ding looks in control but his confidence can evaporate.
      This match might be decided by a fluke?

Comment

• i want to see alan do the 4 cushion pot on the black on a 147!

Comment

• f*** me why is Willie Thorne on again, he did the last match! and his ass kissing Selby does my nut in

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
            f*** me why is Willie Thorne on again, he did the last match! and his ass kissing Selby does my nut in
            I was just coming on to post the same thing. i realise dennis taylor has been recovering from an operation but what happened to all the commentators from earlier in the championship? get them back and get willie thorne out!

only yesterday he was saying towards the end of a frame that potting the blue would make it difficult to get on the pink. john virgo had to come in and say the player only needed the blue. useless! as commentators go the not-very-great WT has to be near the bottom of the pile

i can't stand any more of him, particularly as its Selby playing. will have to watch with the sound turned down

Comment

• What's that enormous hideous bulge on Marco's wrist? Oh wait...it's a watch

Well done though, just 1 frame behind now.

---
              Last edited by daffie; 29 April 2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ThePhantomPotter View Post
                I was just coming on to post the same thing. i realise dennis taylor has been recovering from an operation but what happened to all the commentators from earlier in the championship? get them back and get willie thorne out!

only yesterday he was saying towards the end of a frame that potting the blue would make it difficult to get on the pink. john virgo had to come in and say the player only needed the blue. useless! as commentators go the not-very-great WT has to be near the bottom of the pile

i can't stand any more of him, particularly as its Selby playing. will have to watch with the sound turned down

my thoughts exactly, not suppose to have any bias towards players yet he blatantly does

Comment

• Oh no Steve Davis is a big bag conspiracy theorists!
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• hahaha 1 red no blacks!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                      What's that enormous hideous bulge on Marco's wrist? Oh wait...it's a watch

Well done though, just 1 frame behind now.

---
                      Just an ocd point from me, and I don't mind Fu so much as he's very light on the table, but I'm not keen on players having watches on their bridge hands, clasps and metal straps scraping on the cloth can't be good especially with those players that slide into the shot.

Comment

• The left hand black pocket on this table is huge. I've seen so many balls go in off the far jaw that shouldn't have.

Comment

• Did you see that black! Now that just missed there is no other way you can describe that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Just an ocd point from me, and I don't mind Fu so much as he's very light on the table, but I'm not keen on players having watches on their bridge hands, clasps and metal straps scraping on the cloth can't be good especially with those players that slide into the shot.

I have wondered about that same thing a lot of times actually. Seems strange indeed it is allowed. Not sure how big a chance there is of damaging the cloth, but still it's possible I feel.

---
                            Last edited by daffie; 29 April 2016, 02:09 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                              I have wondered about that same thing a lot of times actually. Seems strange indeed it is allowed. Not sure how big a chance there is of damaging the cloth, but still it's possible I feel.

---
                              probably more chance in playing a deep screw and ripping the cloth

Comment

• Bloody typical of Willie Thorne:

Yesterday (red shaves the bump of middle pocket and doesn't drop) "Oh, my word! How has that not dropped... and people are saying these pockets are easy. Do me a favour."

Today (red hits bump of corner pocket and drops) "What on earth is going on here? That wouldn't have gone in on a nine-ball pool table."

"Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X