best cue action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higgins... all day long!
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
      Higgins... all day long!
      Higgins looks like he's trying to wear away his chin with the way he cues.

Comment

I kinda like the actions of those who look less pausy at the back swing. Like.. Ronnie, Paul hunter, Graeme dott, mark Williams, Matthew stevens

Comment

If you wanted to teach someone a reliable cue action I would say follow Ding. For Aesthetics I would go Ronnie somewhere in between the two who hits the ball lovely is Ali Carter.

Comment

Ronnie's timing, higgins deliberation and davis technical brilliance are hard to beat.

Comment

I don't deserve to say this at all...Ronnies head is up and down when sighting,

Comment

Originally Posted by andy 7671 View Post
                I don't deserve to say this at all...Ronnies head is up and down when sighting,
                Ronnie stays completely still on point of contact...just his arm working like a piston, no body movement.

Comment

In my opinion, it is very hard to say who has the best. Simply because everyones cue actions is different and yet produced quality results on numerous occassions. Technique wise for me, it would have to be Ding but fluently it would be Murphy.
                  Interesting to see what you guys think of as "A good cue action"

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                    Best cue action of all time goes to Steve Davis, his was text book perfect. Now its Shaun Murphy or Stephen Lee. No one mentions Ronnie because his cue action is unusual his shoulder moves not just his elbow. Ronnie has got the best timing I've ever seen though, the amount of spin he generates for how soft he strikes the cue ball is amazing.
                    I think you could include Ryan Day ...he times the ball better than most

Comment

Good player but it’s a good thing he didn’t disgrace the sport and was cleared. I was totally convinced by the explaination.

Comment

Of all time = Steve Davis - especially 1980-1985

Almost everyone since has built their own cue action on Davis'

Comment

Working...
                        X