Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could give just one piece of advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could give just one piece of advice....

To all the coaches and high level players (100 breakers)

If you could give just one piece of advice or one thing to work on what would it be?

....mind-set

failing that ----golf
    Last edited by Byrom; 11 November 2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Anything you feel players can do to improve their mind-set?

Comment

Originally Posted by wootton05 View Post
        Anything you feel players can do to improve their mind-set?
        3 pints, just to relax the arm. Beware of the cliff face however. By the time you have 3 pints, it's difficult to stop buying that 4th one ( and 5th, etc ).

Comment

Ha its a fine line between loss of nerves and loss of ability

Comment

1. See a coach
            2. Plenty of practice

Work on pre-shot routine until it is second nature and stick to it. Long pot, ball over the bag - shot preparation, cueing and execution should be identical for every shot.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              3 pints, just to relax the arm. Beware of the cliff face however. By the time you have 3 pints, it's difficult to stop buying that 4th one ( and 5th, etc ).
              So basically the answer we have is that the single most important thing in snooker is to drink 3 Pints.... hmm there you go kids

Comment

I will give 3 things

1. Stillness on the shot including bridge hand.
                2. Understand the importance of cue ball line (you don’t have to cue like ROS to make big breaks and be a dangerous player)
                3. Play each shot with conviction. What I mean by this is go into each shot with the mind set of pot it or miss it I am going to cue it positively and place emphasis on point 1

Comment

Thanks, I know a lot of this has been said before; I just like to see what people rank as the single most important thing.... Other than to enjoy the game and put the time in obviously.

Comment

Snooker is only difficult if you want it to be, listen to good advice preferably a decent player down the club and practice until your hands go numb

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Snooker is only difficult if you want it to be, listen to good advice preferably a decent player down the club and practice until your hands go numb
                      not sure I agree with that I have made too many 100 plus breaks to count and feel like I cant hold a cue at times. Practice will help to a degree however to really improve you need to practice the right things.

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                        not sure I agree with that I have made too many 100 plus breaks to count and feel like I cant hold a cue at times. Practice will help to a degree however to really improve you need to practice the right things.
                        If you make lots of 100's but don't feel like you can hold your cue at times, what are you concentrating on when making your centuries? Is it just when you get in the zone and cant miss or are you concentrating on particular things?

Comment

If you make lots of 100's but don't feel like you can hold your cue at times, what are you concentrating on when making your centuries? Is it just when you get in the zone and cant miss or are you concentrating on particular things?
                          All I am thinking about when playing well is if I want to be high or low on the next ball the pot is a given and I know my technique as have been playing match snooker since I was 11. What I mean by sometimes I don’t feel like I can hold a cue is if playing a match against a really top class opponent who freezes you out for 2-3 frames scores heavy every chance they get and puts you under a lot of pressure. That’s when you really see where your games at and find out how hard the game can be. That Is when I think about stillness conviction etc. as mentioned above it's my little go to formula.

Comment

So basically the answer we have is that the single most important thing in snooker is to drink 3 Pints.... hmm there you go kids
                            Your round next! mines a becks lol

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                              Same here but I wouldn't of got those breaks if wouldn't of spent hours and hours practicing, but yes you have to get the fundamental things right

Comment

Working...
                              X