No announcement yet.

Overhanging tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever done the work on it originally absolutely butchered it! So I sent it over to Martin Daly to sort out

Comment

Originally Posted by Granger147 View Post
      No mate was around 10mm when I bought it. Whys that?
      Some used to have very large tips from their billiards days!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Yeah I used to have one with original specs years ago that I loved and sold it like a bell end.

Comment

Originally Posted by Granger147 View Post
          Thanks for the advice shockerz I’ll give that a go! I used to use a mushroom tip for years and loved it but never actually put one on myself. Now I’ve had to have lost 3mm on the tip end of my burwat I feel I need a bigger tip.
          I've just tried fitting a mushroom tip using a pencil sharpener and that went well. My video cards just given the ghost up so when the new one comes I'll do a video to show how to do it easily.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

You can use pencil sharpener style tip trimmers from eBay. They are just over sized pencil sharpeners and they work a treat and very cheap. I have just done a couple of tips using one for the first time and it was so easy. One was a harder laminated tip and no problems. Very neat job!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3pcs-Cue-...53.m2749.l2649
            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
              You can use pencil sharpener style tip trimmers from eBay. They are just over sized pencil sharpeners and they work a treat and very cheap. I have just done a couple of tips using one for the first time and it was so easy. One was a harder laminated tip and no problems. Very neat job!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3pcs-Cue-...53.m2749.l2649
              Have to agree. Brilliant "invention" and so cheap. Bought two a couple of years ago and they have gone a bit blunt now so just threw them away.

Comment

a friend wanted a overhanging tip once, so I put some masking tape, about five layers I think, and my "pencil-sharpner" did a really good job; one happy customer
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  a friend wanted a overhanging tip once, so I put some masking tape, about five layers I think, and my "pencil-sharpner" did a really good job; one happy customer
                  Good tip. Apologies for the pun!

Comment

Working...
                  X