Weighted balls. Light cueball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weighted balls. Light cueball?

Bought a set of weighted tournament champion balls which all are 140g but the cueball. That is 138g. Do I need a new white?
    Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

The difference is within the regulation 3g range.
    Personally I doubt you will notice any affect of this difference.

If it really bothers you, there are some retailers that (I have heard) take care to weigh a cue ball and send out a ball of a certain weight

One I recall (IIRC) is Chesworth Cues did this for someone.

Just don't say I told you so :wink:
    Last edited by DeanH; 16 September 2018, 11:10 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post
      Bought a set of weighted tournament champion balls which all are 140g but the cueball. That is 138g. Do I need a new white?
      What do you mean by weighted ? if you mean you bought the 1g balls then yes you need a new white

Comment

Basically been made up from mixed sets of tournament champion balls that are all weighted to 140g bar the cueball.
        Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Chesworths will do it for you and also Thurstons. I sent Thurstons a spare set of digital scales I had so that they could sort out some replacement balls for me. The guy at Thurstons (Scots guy) was really helpful as is Martin at Chesworths who has also sorted out a white of the correct weight for me.
          Last edited by Nifty50; 16 September 2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X