glued up 2 piece cue joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glued up 2 piece cue joint

i have an old peradon and fletcher cue. a number of years ago the joint stopped working properly.... i think the brass thread wore out.... so i just glued it up!

prob now is something is loose and and it clunks on some shots so i want to seperate the 2 pieces and see whats going on..... a heat gun will do it but obviously this might damage the wood. any thoughts?

thanks

Originally Posted by 3cushion View Post
    i have an old peradon and fletcher cue. a number of years ago the joint stopped working properly.... i think the brass thread wore out.... so i just glued it up!

prob now is something is loose and and it clunks on some shots so i want to seperate the 2 pieces and see whats going on..... a heat gun will do it but obviously this might damage the wood. any thoughts?

thanks

What glue did you glue it with, do you remember?

Comment

epoxy resin / hardener

Comment

epoxy resin / hardener
        I was hoping you wouldn't say that. If it had been superglue, maybe loosen with acetone. You can get a solvent to remove epoxy but I'm not sure if it would get into the joint sufficiently. You'd have to tape the surrounding timber. It may work I guess:

http://www.cooksongold.com/Enamellin...FeEp0wod_GsLeg

What you gonna do once you've got it apart and removed the loose bit? Please don't say glue it back together. :biggrin-new:

Comment

most likely that or throw it away and buy another one .... its a thirty year old peradon & fletcher so i guess its a good cue. first game of the season is soon so i will see how it performs. thanks

Comment

most likely that or throw it away and buy another one .... its a thirty year old peradon & fletcher so i guess its a good cue. first game of the season is soon so i will see how it performs. thanks
            Fair play mate, you're trying to keep something going rather than junking it. Good luck with that. Let us know how you got on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. If it had been superglue, maybe loosen with acetone. You can get a solvent to remove epoxy but I'm not sure if it would get into the joint sufficiently. You'd have to tape the surrounding timber. It may work I guess:

https://www.jewelerstoolsmall.com

What you gonna do once you've got it apart and removed the loose bit? Please don't say glue it back together. :biggrin-new:

I have solve the problem as you, thanks

Comment

Try a heat gun, epoxy will melt at a certain temperature. just watch you don't over heat it. keep putting it on and taking heat off until it melts. maybe put a towel over it before, to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Comment

Working...
                X