No announcement yet.

Lp duke cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, welcome 2 the forum! Kindly check on ur private message..........

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
      Firstly if you think you getting more playability than a TW well done to you. I still consider him to be one of the best around. Secondly I use split shafts as well as full length shafts. Something I have never been shy about that, so what is there to fess up. Look at the last page of "post pictures of my cue thread". I have no choice as I have very little access to premium quality ash or maple. For now I choose the best aesthetics as the determining factor on a shaft along with the stiffness. I have 3 suppliers who charge me a premium for a shaft, but I get what I want. Thing is as long as the cue I make exceeds the expectations of the customer that's all that matters to me. Guess what, I have only received complements for my work. Tell u what MB. Come down to Durban in South Africa. U may be surprised at what I produce. My cues are better than that crap angel whatever you using. Send me your email and I will send u some pics of real quality cues. All made by me. At the end of the day the customers I sell to play with the cues and have the option of accepting or leaving them before paying, which is something you rarely get a chance to do. Even if it is a custom order they still have that choice. sometimes it involves minor adjustments but no one has refused a cue made by me. I have sold a few(about 20). This is a hobby which is why I have not bothered with selling internationally as I supply the local market comfortably, but I have always had happy customers. SO if you think that you getting a better cue than a TW for 200 then by all means go ahead. Mine start from 220 pounds upwards. In case you interested. And I guarantee a cue that is a player.
      Big Splosh...How do you know TW doesnt use split shafts? He told you, oh yes of course. like hes going to tell you (or anyone for that fact) the methods he uses to make cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by Homer View Post
        Big Splosh...How do you know TW doesnt use split shafts? He told you, oh yes of course. like hes going to tell you (or anyone for that fact) the methods he uses to make cues.
        You're crazy. There is no way TW is going to risk his rep with split shafts or Thai shafts. If you have evidence he has, please supply it. I may disagree with him about a lot of things, but a faker-maker he is not. His cues are too stiff for me, a result of using KD ash I'm afraid. But his cues are well made and finished, even if the balance is too far back (around 17 inches).

Comment

Splash .....you need to try my TW . You will quietly surprised at its playability .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Splash .....you need to try my TW . You will quietly surprised at its playability .
            I think you must have a peach. The ones I've tried are very much like a Glover, stiff. Can't fault the craft on them but if I'm going to go stiff, I may as well go Thai. Hmm, that didn't sound right.

Did you specify something a bit whippier?

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
              You're crazy. There is no way TW is going to risk his rep with split shafts or Thai shafts. If you have evidence he has, please supply it. I may disagree with him about a lot of things, but a faker-maker he is not. His cues are too stiff for me, a result of using KD ash I'm afraid. But his cues are well made and finished, even if the balance is too far back (around 17 inches).
              I contacted Trev about 2 years ago to ask if he would be willing to sell any reject shafts for me to give it a go making a cue. He was great to deal with and sorted me out about 8 shafts. All full size one piece cues around 59" in length.

Comment

Lp duke cue

Could you tell why they were rejects?
                A genuine question with no snide intent
                Last edited by DeanH; 19 September 2016, 09:17 PM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Could you tell why they were rejects?
                  A genuine question with no snide intent
                  Mainly grain pattern I think and some seemed a little light so the ash wasn't dense enough for a cue Trev would work on. They suited me to try learn to splice though.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                    I contacted Trev about 2 years ago to ask if he would be willing to sell any reject shafts for me to give it a go making a cue. He was great to deal with and sorted me out about 8 shafts. All full size one piece cues around 59" in length.
                    So you didn't spot the invisible joint or the bolt in the middle of the shaft? :biggrin-new: Of course, he only sent you full length shafts as a sophisticated cover up. Thought I'd say all this crap before Homer or someone else chips in.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      Mainly grain pattern I think and some seemed a little light so the ash wasn't dense enough for a cue Trev would work on. They suited me to try learn to splice though.
                      thanks for that, what did you manage to do?
                      any piccies?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                      X