Talisman Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman Tips

I've been using Talisman softs for at least 3 years if not more.

I generally don't get any issues with them and they play great right off the bat.

I shape them so most of the layer is left on the top with the glue ring close tp the edge so no little pieces of a layer left in the middle to come out later.

If I get a bad one that delaminates it happens pretty quickly (a few days) and then the chances are I will get the same problem with the whole box (x3).

I fitted one 3 weeks ago and it delaminated about half way up after about 2 weeks (no where near the glue at the base).

I fitted anew one last week and looked in the case yesterday and noticed it coming off again but this time the whole of the top layer (maybe 2 layers).

I fit them the same way each time so it's certainly not down to fitting as I fit everyone else's in the club and I rarely get any issues and as I said they play great.

I now have the 3rd on and a league game Friday so fingers crossed!

Has anyone on here discovered any issues and have discovered a way round it?

I always tale a 1/3 to a 1/2 off the tip as it gets rid of the clunky sound and grips perfectly straight away.
    I could change tips but I like them!!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    I've been using Talisman softs for at least 3 years if not more.

I generally don't get any issues with them and they play great right off the bat.

I shape them so most of the layer is left on the top with the glue ring close tp the edge so no little pieces of a layer left in the middle to come out later.

If I get a bad one that delaminates it happens pretty quickly (a few days) and then the chances are I will get the same problem with the whole box (x3).

I fitted one 3 weeks ago and it delaminated about half way up after about 2 weeks (no where near the glue at the base).

I fitted anew one last week and looked in the case yesterday and noticed it coming off again but this time the whole of the top layer (maybe 2 layers).

I fit them the same way each time so it's certainly not down to fitting as I fit everyone else's in the club and I rarely get any issues and as I said they play great.

I now have the 3rd on and a league game Friday so fingers crossed!

Has anyone on here discovered any issues and have discovered a way round it?

I always tale a 1/3 to a 1/2 off the tip as it gets rid of the clunky sound and grips perfectly straight away.
    I could change tips but I like them!!
    Who do you get them off?

May I recommend Martin at Chetsworth Cues? I've never had a bad one and none have delaminated.

You sure you ain't playing too many Judd Trump shots?!

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
      Who do you get them off?

May I recommend Martin at Chetsworth Cues? I've never had a bad one and none have delaminated.

You sure you ain't playing too many Judd Trump shots?!
      It's not where they come from as I sell them and they come from Peradon so not fakes.

I've probably had trouble with half a dozen in a few years from memory so very few problems, just a pain when it happens.

Yes, I have been trying a few Judd Trump shots lately which may have put them under a little pressure; or, trying shots above my ability!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        It's not where they come from as I sell them and they come from Peradon so not fakes.

I've probably had trouble with half a dozen in a few years from memory so very few problems, just a pain when it happens.

Yes, I have been trying a few Judd Trump shots lately which may have put them under a little pressure; or, trying shots above my ability!
        All lammies will chip if you put em under pressure; tis the nature of the layers and mostly, pigskin. It is less forgiving and I don't play with it now. Although none of the cues I've tipped have had problems, I have chipped an Aurora, Kamui, Talisman, Phoenix, etc. etc. They don't cope with power shots and this is another reason to avoid them. Single layer buffalo hide every day for me. And lammies lack the spin generation of single layer cow as well.

Comment

I've been using Talisman Medium for three months. For me, it's a really hard tip. Adding siding and spin is not easy for a beginner. And you will lose some cue power. I have never tried "Talisman Soft", but I won't recommand using Talisman tip harder than "Talisman soft."

Comment

Originally Posted by He Liang View Post
            I've been using Talisman Medium for three months. For me, it's a really hard tip. Adding siding and spin is not easy for a beginner. And you will lose some cue power. I have never tried "Talisman Soft", but I won't recommand using Talisman tip harder than "Talisman soft."
            I started on a Talisman medium as the word medium doesn't mean hard or soft; in reality it is still hard when using a Talisman.

Most, if not all the guys I know use a Talisman soft as it is still pretty hard. I love the tip as it plays straight off the bat so no real wearing in, just the very occasional dud!

As for spin, never had any issues at all generating spin from one.

Comment

Working...
            X