Bridging on the cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridging on the cushion

I've had an issue now for quite some time when bridging on the cushion. Whether its a full palm on the cushion, finger tips testing on the cushion or a looped bridge with my index finger over the cue I always apply a ton of left hand side. Its starting to do my head in trying to fix it. It isn't effecting my potting in the slightest which I find odd. I assume I've learned over time to compensate?

For example I set up some straight in shots, and marked the cue ball with a dry wipe marker pen using just a little dot. The aim was to stop the cue ball dead. I achieved this, but I could see the black dot whizing around as the cb sat still. The pot was successful but the cue ball rotated about 3 times on the spot...thats a ton of unintentional side if you ask me.

Although it's not effecting my potting I think its holding me back mentally from progressing. I'd like to get it sorted as I think in the long run it will be for the best.

Any advice? Cheers.

See Nic Barrows video on this on YouTube as he explains and demonstrates it very well.

terry

Originally Posted by Pedantic Stroke View Post
    I've had an issue now for quite some time when bridging on the cushion. Whether its a full palm on the cushion, finger tips testing on the cushion or a looped bridge with my index finger over the cue I always apply a ton of left hand side. Its starting to do my head in trying to fix it. It isn't effecting my potting in the slightest which I find odd. I assume I've learned over time to compensate?

For example I set up some straight in shots, and marked the cue ball with a dry wipe marker pen using just a little dot. The aim was to stop the cue ball dead. I achieved this, but I could see the black dot whizing around as the cb sat still. The pot was successful but the cue ball rotated about 3 times on the spot...thats a ton of unintentional side if you ask me.

Although it's not effecting my potting I think its holding me back mentally from progressing. I'd like to get it sorted as I think in the long run it will be for the best.

Any advice? Cheers.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

three revolutions is not a ton of side

Comment

Everything is relative. It's about three revolutions more than no side though which I think is the point he is making

Comment

Anyone know what the video of Nics is called or have a link? I've look through all his vids but I may have overlooked it when searching.

As far as the side - for me it feels like a ton. Especially when none was meant to be applied. I don't quite understand how my cueing can go from respectable to shocking by having to bridge on the cushion. Although it doesn't seem to effect the potting, it just shows I've picked up some really bad habits to counteract it over time. Really frustrating.

Comment

In you tube search for Nic barrow snooker
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Try this . Seems to work.
              Last edited by Siz; 26 November 2014, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Siz View Post
                Holy ****!!

That is impressive.

I hate when the Cue ball is hard on the cushion and my success rate of potting the ball i can see is well below 50% and would be about 10% on a long pot.

Coaching on it has helped but still it is hard.
                If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Pedantic Stroke View Post
                  Anyone know what the video of Nics is called or have a link? I've look through all his vids but I may have overlooked it when searching.

As far as the side - for me it feels like a ton. Especially when none was meant to be applied. I don't quite understand how my cueing can go from respectable to shocking by having to bridge on the cushion. Although it doesn't seem to effect the potting, it just shows I've picked up some really bad habits to counteract it over time. Really frustrating.
                  I remember watching a Nic Barrow video it was a toss up between falling to sleep or pretending i was back at school

Comment

Originally Posted by Siz View Post
                    Didn't do Corey much good in that rack, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, except maybe Earl, I like watching him smash his cues up though.
                    Last edited by jonny66; 28 November 2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X