Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day from Australia

Hi

I've been wanting a snooker table for 20 years... I had one from age 8 to 22, but not the past 20 years... A few months ago we bought a house that had an 8ft slate table which the vendor could not take with them. Top quality table, but needed a new cloth and cushions; now feels like new. Pic below: I've always played on green tables, so thought I'd try blue for a change...

Living in Australia, most people seem to want to play pool... although I'll play it at a pinch, my first love is snooker (by far), second would be billiards...
    I grew up in the era of Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry and (my personal favourite) Jimmy Whirlwind White.

Used to be able to regularly knock in 50 breaks on a full size table in my teens (highest 81 on a full size table); since starting playing again, I seem to struggle to get past 30! I guess it will come in due course.

Any snooker players on here from Brisvegas?

Cheers
    Richard

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...psz4ayi5n3.jpg

Great introduction Richard and a very nice set up you have there
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi Richard,

I have a full size table and live in Springwood, Brisbane southside. I would welcome a game or two any Thursday after 1pm.

Waiting your advise,
      Bob

Comment

Thanks Neil.

Hi Bob - thank you for the invitation. I might need to get in a bit of practice first - I can barely do a 30 break on an 8ft table at present, I suspect I'd be embarrassingly bad on a full size table!!

Comment

Welcome mate :snooker: might be an idea to play with less reds on the small table, too many reds on a small table makes positional play a lot more difficult

Comment

Welcome Richard.

Table looks a treat with the new cloth even though i am not a lover of Blue felt.

Snooker is great to play on a table that size with the 10 Red set and i also have this same setup at home. I would love a 12ft table but just no room for it currently and i have to go to the club for that!

Making big breaks on smaller tables is just as hard because you are limited for room not to mention playing safeties is also difficult. Great fun though none the less and i love my table and playing snooker on it.

Pity you are up in QLD and it is a bit far for a few beers and a game! I am always looking for new blokes to have games with in the Melb area that are adapt at Snooker.
            If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Working...
            X