Drawback problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawback problem

Hello, I have quite a reasonably slow controlled drawback but I can see that it does not come back straight it comes back in more of a snakey motion just wondering what may be causing this and what routines I can practice to try and rectify it
    IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Maybe your grip on the cue is too tight

Comment

What do you mean by snakey motion ? It's hard to visualise this happening. Is this on a snooker table or another game table ?

Comment

do you mean as you draw back you notice the tip go from side to side of the centre-line?
        If this is what you see, then this is because you grip hand/arm is moving laterally as you draw back.
        I used to have this and this was because of two factors:
        1. my hips were not "kinked" over to the left (I am right handed) and so my bridge hand unconsciously move away from my body so not to hit my waist and then cam back in when at the end of the draw back.
        "Kinking" the hip over to the left (sorry difficult to explains this (anyone else?)) moved the waist over to the left and allows the grip hand to draw back with no lateral movement.
        2. grip hand-thumb pointing vertically to the floor, i) the thumb knuckle is less likely to hit the waist and ii) produces the wrist angle (slightly outwards away from the body) that allows the cue butt to be directly vertical below the forearm.
        These two combined I found I was not unconsciously moving the grip hand out on draw back (and I was also doing it on cue delivery!) and I can now draw back and delivery much straighter now.

If the above does not match what you are experiencing, can you describe it again? Questions it is not a shake/nervous tick is it?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

yeah it sort of sways slightly side to side as i draw back, it may possible be that im going around the hip ill give my stance a couple tweaks next time i play and see if that helps any
          IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Comment

It can also help to keep the cue straight if you make sure your chin and chest are in contact at all times.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
            X