Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which size cue for me???

Hi,

I am looking a getting a custom cue made up for me but I am having an issue with length.

At the moment I use a 57" cue which is okay for close shots but for shots where a small stretch is required I am literally holding on to the end of the butt.

I am 6ft tall with long arms, I am looking at either a 58" or a 59"

If you are of similar size and have used either of these sizes please tell me what the pros and cons may be, I am leaning towards 59" but I want to find out from other players if there are any negatives.

Thank you and look forward to your replies.

Can you not try out a longer cue and see if it suits your game ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Unfortunately where I live in Oz all the suppliers where you can try out cues are now stocking one size and usually Chinese knock offs.

Unless anywhere here knows a place in Sydney which holds a variety of cues in different sizes to try.

Comment

No one down the club that has a longer cue to try . You just don't want to get a custom one made then find it doesn't suit you .

Few Oz members on here , they maybe able to help you .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Which size cue for me???

I would say 59/60 inch would be ideal if you have very long arms... I'm 6ft2 and find 59" very comfortable compared to anyway smaller... There's 60" chinese cue sets that you could try before investing in anything of great value.
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Which size cue for me???

I'm 6ft 5'5 and play with a 58 inch cue. Never tried anything longer but never had to really - I mean I've not felt like length of cue is to short for to many shots.

Comment

If everyone went for a cue according to their height many of us would have the wrong cues,we are all figured differently so it's always best to Try before you buy.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, I had a chance to have a feel of someones 58" which seems as though it may do the job, I will see if he allows me to have a few games with it.

Comment

http://sharpsnooker.com.au/

Is in Sydney with big range of Cues and Mick stocks quality Phoenix Cues. Apart from that it is only Peradon mainly he has which i personally do not like.

You can visit him by appointment and play on his 12ft table with any Cue you want.

I am similar size 6ft tall but i do not have overly long arms. 57.5 to 58 is perfect for me, i would be surprised if you needed a 59 honestly.
                  If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

The length of cue that is correct for you is not solely based on your height.
                    It has a lot more to do with your set up. Example being Steve Davis. He is around 6'2" but uses a cue that only goes up to around his armpit. Reason being he has a very compact bridge arm and bends his elbow quite a bit.
                    Ideally you want a cue that will allow you to be just behind the vertical on addressing the cue ball, when holding the cue just before the end.
                    If your currently using a 57" cue then I doubt very much you'd feel good using anything over 58".
                    Best thing is to try other people's cues and ask someone to check your vertical alignment when addressing the cue ball(as explained above).
                    Hope this helps.
                    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                    X