Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potting with side

Apologies if this is on wrong section.
    Having issues when potting a ball with any left or right hand side... Any tips?

I try compensating, if I'm playing left hand side and I aim slightly more to the right of the normal potting angle for the expected initial grip from the cueball, but i either put on top much side or don't hit the target ball with enough pace and the side 'wears off'

Any tips? Thankyou.

Try and avoid using side as much as you can. It only complicates the issue, as Barry Stark says. Check out his videos on YouTube if you like, they are very helpful and informative, and he can explain these things much better than most people can.

Comment

****dips his toe into the most contrsoversial topic on the Forum

LHS will throw the OB to the right, and vice versa; so it seems like you aren't compensating. For example: if you have CB and OB so if hit full ball will the OB miss the pocket to the (your) left, then LHS will throw the OB to the right and towards the pocket...

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6P...q1hYqxWmhPhuKe

Comment

In my opinion the only way to learn how to master side is to practice with it as much as you can. Just remember when you use side to aim a little thicker than the normal potting angle but then you have to remember that it's all relative and you have to compensate differently for different power on the same pot. This is why you have to practice with side as much as you possiblly can but it's wise to wait a bit for that until you can deliver the cue at least somewhat consistently straight. If you're not running 40 breaks once in awhile then you aren't delivering that cue straight all the time.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
        X