Darken Maple Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    Mike wooldridge oil gives a nice natural finish which makes the maple slightly, slightly darker in look than originally.
    If you want a mature look and a great feel to your cue, then give it a go...
    Thank you for the reply. I have always used raw linseed oil in the past, does Mike Wooldridge oil add more colour than this please?

Comment

Originally Posted by CueBallKick View Post
      Thank you for the reply. I have always used raw linseed oil in the past, does Mike Wooldridge oil add more colour than this please?
      I have never applied linseed oil to a snooker shaft. I used it once on an American Pool cue shaft, but didn't like the result because pool cue shafts get a lot more dirty than snooker cue shafts. So it only highlighted the dirt that was already there.

That said; linseed oil come highly recommended amongst many snooker players and cue makers alike.

I just use what works for me - which in this case is the MW oil.
      Coats applied with the MW oil is a lot easier and quicker to dry and used on an ash shaft really brings out the grain nicely - almost antique looking.
      Hope this helps?
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I always use coutts cue oil it’s on eBay for £7 odd for 30mm bottle I have had it years oil my cue probably once a year it dries fast and gives a very nice finish.

Comment

Does Coutts oil darken the wood of maple please?

Comment

Just rub the oiled newspaper onto the cue and wait 5 mins, wipe off excess and when dry repeat until desired effect.
            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Every time I go away I would put MW oil on my cue and it has darkened quite a lot from when it was new 5 years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X