j6 cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    Love em both but love the grain on the cue on the right!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      Love em both but love the grain on the cue on the right!
      yeah looking forwards to putting the finish on that early next week.

Comment

• still watching that macassar one closely!

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
          still watching that macassar one closely!

just after the fist few coats of linseed.

Last edited by j6uk; 30 April 2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• cue review- screw shot

something a bit different for this review with a few screw shots from baulk.

https://youtu.be/PZ-mVu_0lLc
            https://youtu.be/U5SW12zwLd4
            https://youtu.be/sOuFkwNY2-U
            https://youtu.be/kjzBfMpf-cw
            https://youtu.be/mtP3ZHtYv2M

macassar ebony butterfly with vintage shaft and rounded butt.

17.5oz
            17bp

Last edited by j6uk; 2 May 2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• the macassar looks quite dark now, is that how it is or the lighting? love the specs!

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                the macassar looks quite dark now, is that how it is or the lighting? love the specs!
                With an oil finish it will stay darker, but it could be refreshed to lightend The figure.

Comment

With an oil finish it will stay darker, but it could be refreshed to lightend The figure.
                  It will lighten with age, even with the oil finish.
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                    It will lighten with age, even with the oil finish.

yeah just starting to bring out the figures now.. and brought the cue down to 57.25"

Comment

• never got a chance to review this cue (57/11/29/19bp/18oz no weight added) but here is an email i just open today:

Hi Jason,

My cue arrived only Monday, so had a chance to try it last Friday.
                      Its a very good cue. I would rate it 9 out of 10:
                      Build 9/10
                      Finish 9.5/10 (would be 10 if not my fast shipping and as a result cue butt end's not fully settled oil was a bit soaked/brushed tube's inner soft inlay)
                      Playability 9.5/10
                      Im not yet fully sure about its total weight but heavy forward balance helps so tremendously to control those heavy am.pool balls. So heavier cue front is a tremendous plus and am thinking i might get away with its natural weight.
                      Am also not used to so low tip as i use max height tips so cue hit feels extreem hard hitter. But its damn precise this way.. Its just a bit different feeling to get used to.

So those are my first impressions

Ro.....s

Sounds like your getting on with it straight out of the tube, good to hear..
                      I didn't get a chance to review it but, you have. If you don't mind i could cut and paste this email as a review? Otherwise you could leave a post on j6cues on tsf? No problem if you would rather not, just that its solid positive feedback.

Cheers
                      Jason

You can post this no problemo.
                      Looking forward to play with it more and hope to avoid the metal
                      Thanks for great cue!

Ro.....s

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post

Last edited by j6uk; 7 May 2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• my new long wooden bench plane that i used to cut the last two butterfly cues splices with, the results tell me i should stick with it. and a few old e j riely shafts i will be restoring over the coming weeks.. Whoever had this plane before certainly knew how to sharpen their irons.

Last edited by j6uk; 8 May 2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

cheers marc. yeah badge gotta get on t

some good ideas there.

my first classic wenge and ash split joint on the horizon..

getting there..

Comment

• and heres a very long ash and wenge but more on that later..

Comment

my new long wooden bench plane that i used to cut the last two butterfly cues splices with, the results tell me i should stick with it. and a few old e j riely shafts i will be restoring over the coming weeks.. Whoever had this plane before certainly knew how to sharpen their irons.

Them or planes are great to use and only quick blade adjustment is why some of the new ones are easier and can't beat the steel on the old blade's
                              For that one you've always wanted...
                              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

my new long wooden bench plane that i used to cut the last two butterfly cues splices with, the results tell me i should stick with it. and a few old e j riely shafts i will be restoring over the coming weeks.. Whoever had this plane before certainly knew how to sharpen their irons.

Must be an awful lot lighter and easier on the shoulder muscle too. My 18 inch long bed plane weighs a ton after an hour, something Newton didn't mention in his gravitation theory, the longer you hold something, the further you carry something the heavier it gets
                                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                                X