Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
    Which video is that Stevie?
    Roy poting blue in midle bag so he says he aims his cue tip 1 inch from ball and it did help me before i was always over cuting or undercutting but i was potting all my shots from good Angles all over the table
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

I'm going to enjoy this. Welcome to the site Roy or Ian or whoever
      Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Thank you Drac, I am sure we are going to have some fun in the future. By the way did you listen to Ronnie giving his master class today. He stated that everyone played with side at all times, thus proving my point that all players do, some know they are, and most do not know that they do. All the best Roy

Comment

Hi Alibadi, try placing object ball 2 inches away from cb and follow through. But what I will say is that the further you are away from the object ball the more follow through is required, and also the further you are the lower you strike cb.Thanks for the observation. All the best Roy.

Comment

Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
            Thank you Drac, I am sure we are going to have some fun in the future. By the way did you listen to Ronnie giving his master class today. He stated that everyone played with side at all times, thus proving my point that all players do, some know they are, and most do not know that they do. All the best Roy
            Hi Roy, I sure did.....
            Easy on the garlic....

Comment

By the way Roy I was told many years ago by a pro that Stuart Bingham would be a world beater one day so I asked why and the pro told me that he played EVERY shot with intentional side. I posted it on this forum and... well put it this way some people must still believe the earth is flat....
              Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Hi Roy whats the best way to get in contact with you?

Comment

Hi Drac, thanks for your interest I really appreciate it, you know when snooker players realise that all of them play with side, they can up there game beyond there dreams, thanks again for your post. Roy of snooker secrets.

Comment

Hi Rimmer10, you can contact me on srchis@hotmail.com look forward to hearing from you. Roy of snooker secrets.

Comment

So Steve Davis spent half of his practice time on the table cueing over the spots and potting long blues for a laugh cos he uses 'intentional or unintentional side' on every shot he hits?

Maybe I'm not getting it but I don't understand this concept at all, 99.9% of coaches I've heard speak go on about centre ball striking being the foundation of the game, the ex pro's can be heard saying it in commentary also.

Ronnie winds folk up at the best of times but if he does use side on every shot again I don't understand that cos when his white hits the cushion 80% of the time after a stun shot it comes off at a natural angle, again there are shots he uses it but probably twice in a 50 break cos the whole idea of a good break builder is having the correct angle on the next ball for a simple stun or soft screw shot and not to use the cushion which every break ive seen Ronnie, john and Hendry hit they are masters of this and don't rely on cushions when they can because they know its another variable travelling the white over distance brings problems a simple 5 inch stun up or down the table they'll play that every time and side doesn't react in any beneficial way off the nap that stun couldn't achieve over that distance so again I don't understand why they would be doing it.

Comment

Looks like a good day for anglers.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                          So Steve Davis spent half of his practice time on the table cueing over the spots and potting long blues for a laugh cos he uses 'intentional or unintentional side' on every shot he hits?

Maybe I'm not getting it but I don't understand this concept at all, 99.9% of coaches I've heard speak go on about centre ball striking being the foundation of the game, the ex pro's can be heard saying it in commentary also.

Ronnie winds folk up at the best of times but if he does use side on every shot again I don't understand that cos when his white hits the cushion 80% of the time after a stun shot it comes off at a natural angle, again there are shots he uses it but probably twice in a 50 break cos the whole idea of a good break builder is having the correct angle on the next ball for a simple stun or soft screw shot and not to use the cushion which every break ive seen Ronnie, john and Hendry hit they are masters of this and don't rely on cushions when they can because they know its another variable travelling the white over distance brings problems a simple 5 inch stun up or down the table they'll play that every time and side doesn't react in any beneficial way off the nap that stun couldn't achieve over that distance so again I don't understand why they would be doing it.
                          I found this a while ago, and was quite amazed how little side was used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lln_8KJPNAQ
                          Last edited by matthias; 4 December 2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                            I found this a while ago, and was quite amazed how little side was used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lln_8KJPNAQ
                            Would pretty much agree with this video you can see the 4-5 shots he uses a trace of side during that break you can watch it ping off the cushion at a different angle than it came on the rest of the time he's just playing stroke, stun & screw shots and moving the white 6-12 inches cos that's what has the highest percentage chance of making big breaks like that so consistently as he does.

He's either at the wind up when he's saying all players use side or just talking his general line of rubbish that he does anyway but I don't see where the side is on his white through 90% of that break or any other ton he puts in nor could you define a reason for it when he's not using a cushion but no doubt the guys that play full ball follow through shots with a trace of reverse banana side just to make the potting angle that little bit easier will have something to say about how all the pro's adjust pots with side and that's how us mere mortals don't play like them heaven forbid they spent hours upon hours practicing their basics of cue delivery and technique that would just be too simple.

Comment

I think the idea is that you play with side all the time to make yourself comfortable with it. If you aren't comfortable playing with side you'll miss when you need it. I find I play better when I play the right shot, side or no side. It's stupid to pressurise yourself to hit centre ball every shot, won't do your cue action any good.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Alrocco, (Roy) You will soon find out that opinions on here are often challenged, makes for very interesting theory and conversations. Enjoy yourself, Cheers,
                                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X