Micro-adjusting - your thoughts ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Selby has a dominant right eye as he closes his left eye to see when he can just go past a ball, yet he sights with his left eye over the cue when down on the shot so it looks to me as though the swaying about is just his way of getting his head in the right place once he's down.
    Could be deliberate, could be subconscious, but the head moving about will change where the cue lies within the 'vision centre' which is the place where the brain sees only one cue from the info received from two eyes.
    have you seen the way Liang Wenbo addresses the shot? I'm surprised he hasn't given himself whiplash yet
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Yeah brilliant I saw that last night as well....... so absolutely no micro adjusting unless you want to pull your hair out.
      Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Sorry that was the reply to j6uk
        Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
          have you seen the way Liang Wenbo addresses the shot? I'm surprised he hasn't given himself whiplash yet
          Ha ha agrred.......I think Liang is great value for money and I like watching him for a couple of reasons. firstly you don't really know what you going to get temperament wise and secondly I think he walks around like he owns the place. Out of all the top players he is one of them who sends out body language that he 100% believes he's going to win.
          Easy on the garlic....

Comment

if anything Wenbo has actually calmed this address down a bit from a few years ago, where I thought he was going to break his leg by straightening it like he did back then

I believe Selby worked on his shakes (not micro-adjusting - shaking) some years ago and calmed it down a lot but I have noticed it more recently.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              if anything Wenbo has actually calmed this address down a bit from a few years ago, where I thought he was going to break his leg by straightening it like he did back then

I believe Selby worked on his shakes (not micro-adjusting - shaking) some years ago and calmed it down a lot but I have noticed it more recently.
              The Selby shakes are odd, on tv it's really obvious but down our club it's not really noticeable.
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Drac View Post
                Yeah brilliant I saw that last night as well....... so absolutely no micro adjusting unless you want to pull your hair out.
                thats hairlarious, but siriously the less i tweak i find follicles opening and my hair growing back.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  thats hairlarious, but siriously the less i tweak i find follicles opening and my hair growing back.
                  Ha ha Alice bands at the ready
                  Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Originally Posted by Drac View Post
                    Ha ha Alice bands at the ready
                    that will be a few xmas presents away, but should be as sold as selby with a full mop

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      that will be a few xmas presents away, but should be as sold as selby with a full mop
                      lol..........
                      Easy on the garlic....

Comment

The Selby shakes are odd, on tv it's really obvious but down our club it's not really noticeable.
                        When you see a close up of Selby’s head on TV it looks like it’s attached to a vibrating sorting machine

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                          When you see a close up of Selby’s head on TV it looks like it’s attached to a vibrating sorting machine
                          Or an impression of the Churchill dog! Oh yes
                          Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Didn't he have neck problems a couple of seasons back? Bulging disc of I remember right. Maybe he's still uncomfortable.

Comment

Micro-adjusting - your thoughts ...

I recall an interview where he said his neck was a lot better but it did take a while to get it sorted
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I micro adjusted myself out of the last tournament I played...
                                Don't do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X