Kinovea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinovea

Thanks to all who posted about it. It looks interesting etc....

Are there any really good Youtube Demo's\Tutorials?

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Thanks to all who posted about it. It looks interesting etc....

Are there any really good Youtube Demo's\Tutorials?
    Just search for the better known coaches like Nic Barrow, PJ Nolan, Del Hill, Barry Stark, etc.
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 23 August 2017, 02:35 PM.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Just search for the better known coaches like Nic Barrow, PJ Nolan, Del Hill, Barry Stark, etc.
      Thanks for the reply: but I meant for the Software Tool, so I don't spend ages trying to work out what all the knobs and whistles do.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        Thanks for the reply: but I meant for the Software Tool, so I don't spend ages trying to work out what all the knobs and whistles do.
        Sorry, I can't give you a tutorial but this is very user friendly. Save the video you want to your hardrive but not one that's too long. Barry Stark's video would be good. Open Kinovia and it shows all your drive, pick the drive you saved the video to and then click on the video. It comes up and you can expand it by dragging the lower right corner to almost full screen. On the bottom it has the normal functions like play, stop, speed control slide bar and also a frame-by-frame option which is very useful. If you have a later version you can also draw lines on the video to check alignment of things like your head, angle of pot, and all of that. Nic uses Dartfish with is very expensive and have more options like side-by-side comparisons or even overlay comparisons but it costs 2,500quid or so.
        Terry Davidson

Comment

Thanks, I'll sit through the YouTube Tutorials as the Freeware seems to do what I want ie put lines in, track etc. I just need to get my 2 Functioning Brain Cells cranked up.

Comment

Its eye opening what you can see once you slow it down. I've use it quite a bit. it can be useful in it can show you where your errors are but on the other hand it can be demoralising to find out how bad your technique is

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
              Its eye opening what you can see once you slow it down. I've use it quite a bit. it can be useful in it can show you where your errors are but on the other hand it can be demoralising to find out how bad your technique is
              I agree with this 100% not only on my own technique but also did a couple of really good players who got quite a surprise when reviewing it frame by frame on the big screen. But is really does help and I do myself every month of so and even at my age it is helping once I work out how to correct a flaw.
              Terry Davidson

Comment

I agree Terry, I have found out exactly what my biggest fault is , I am trying to work out how to solve this. I've had a word with a coach who has given me some suggestions and i'll be working hard over the next 3 months to at a minimum reduce this error by 50%, because I feel its one of the main problems I am having with consistency in my play

Comment

Working...
                X