New cue predicament 😏

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue predicament 😏

Pool cue I know but it would apply if it was snooker So for ages I've played with a 7.5mm cue, I decided that rather than carry a separate break cue I would splash out on an 8.5mm Parris cue that and the fact my team mates say I play with too much screw and so I thought the 8.5mm would calm me down a bit.
    So new parris arrives and on first try I have really struggled to pot balls or control the white.
    So the question is would you persevere for a few months with the 8.5 or would you get it straight down to 7.5 ASAP?

😉

Generally, people find a bigger tip makes it easier to find centre of the cue ball, so is more forgiving for potting. If you're missing when intentionally applying side, which is what i'm guessing is happening, it's probably more a case of getting used to the cue, and how much deflection it has. Positional play will get easier with time. I know players who use larger tips for pool, and there aren't many shots which aren't possible.

Comment

Also are you using the same tip on both cues as that could make a difference to.
      Play a lot of pool myself.
      I agree with what Mark has said above.
      For that one you've always wanted...
      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

To be honest there are so many variables which can affect how you play with a new cue, just using it for one session (presumably) then writing it off is a bit premature.

As Ninja says above, you'd be surprised how much a different tip can affect something like potting. Add in weight, balance point etc, these are things I believe can affect your stroke, albeit subtly, but the smallest changes can make a big difference in these games.

Personally I'd give a new cue a month of solid, regular play before I decide whether I'm going to get on with it or not. Particularly if I've dropped a lot of cash to get my hands on it!

This is just my experience anyway. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable members than j who can chime in on the matter.

Comment

Working...
        X