No announcement yet.

The Quest for Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to retract what I said about Super Cup. I have been jumping the cueball like crazy since using it but i thought it was just me getting used to a laminated tip. However, after causing far too many dinks in my cloth, I have had enough! I rubbed it all off my tip and went back the the very messy but reliable Triangle and hey presto, no more jumps. Just a very mucky table now but I guess its worth it to get the best control. I just hate needing to brush the marks with my hand after most shots.
    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
      I have to retract what I said about Super Cup. I have been jumping the cueball like crazy since using it but i thought it was just me getting used to a laminated tip. However, after causing far too many dinks in my cloth, I have had enough! I rubbed it all off my tip and went back the the very messy but reliable Triangle and hey presto, no more jumps. Just a very mucky table now but I guess its worth it to get the best control. I just hate needing to brush the marks with my hand after most shots.
      Using pro or the normal?

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
        I have to retract what I said about Super Cup. I have been jumping the cueball like crazy since using it but i thought it was just me getting used to a laminated tip. However, after causing far too many dinks in my cloth, I have had enough! I rubbed it all off my tip and went back the the very messy but reliable Triangle and hey presto, no more jumps. Just a very mucky table now but I guess its worth it to get the best control. I just hate needing to brush the marks with my hand after most shots.
        Personally never had a problem using Silver Cup chalk, actually quite like it.

Comment

• I quite like the Master Spruce, but I can leave lovely circles on the CB with it: which annoys a miserable olde get that I play with - but then he is only happy when he is moaning.

I have some Silver Cup and initially the CB was jumping all over the shop, and while that lessened\stopped when I have gone back to it, but I'm sure when it happens now it is at least down to me not trusting it...

I had the old Pro and tempted by the new one, if less messy re cue, hands and CB than the Master (and olde Pro).

I use a Pressed Tip, btw.

Comment

• I have just started to use the teom chalk and is very good and it lasts about 10 time as long as triangle chalk
            the only down side is the price which is about 15 pounds a block

Comment

• Originally Posted by gordon47 View Post
              I have just started to use the teom chalk and is very good and it lasts about 10 time as long as triangle chalk
              I bought a box of 6 for around €70s off the official site. Worth every penny, the best chalk out there without a doubt

Comment

• I have to say now since putting on ADR147's medium laminated tip, its holding the newer lighter shade Triangle Pro way better and the grip using this combination is far superior to any other tip/chalk combination I have tried. The cloth isn't too shabby either after just one game and I'm not wiping it down with my hand at all really between shots. So back to the Triangle Pro (new lighter shade) it is! I do think it was falling off my old Phoenix tip far too easily hence the jumps and splatter all over the table and my dark blue hands after a few frames!
                Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gordon47 View Post
                  I have just started to use the teom chalk and is very good and it lasts about 10 time as long as triangle chalk
                  can u please explain how it lasts more than triangle chalk, my initial thought was taom chalk is smaller than triangle chalk so it wont last as long.

Comment

• from what I have seen, the cylinder is a little bit wider than the cube but not as high; with about the same volume

Last longer being a harder wearing compound?
                    Stays on the tip better so less chalking required?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Doesn't seem to go down very much much so think it would out last most chalk
                      Current playing cue Trevor White
                      3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                      X