X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-Wooldr...IAAOSw0Lha~JeM

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      In the state it's in you hope to get them cheap, transform them very easily and easy profit etc, but he wants top price for a an obviously un loved cue
      Good point, it's gotta have enough headroom in the money to make it worth while.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• He doesn't seem to have much clue of the specs which won't help when selling an expensive cue. He can't weigh it, 32.5mm is a very large butt size and 8mm is a small pool spec tip. A cue with a knackered ferrule which makes it look like it hasn't been well looked after, a big butt, small tip and an unknown weight, and all for only £550!! How can you expect someone to hand over that kind of money for a cue you cant even be bother to weight, it could be anything, 16oz or 22oz, you can surely borrow a scales or buy one for a few quid from any supermarket

Comment

• He needs to take it to a good cue maker and get it serviced. It possibly needs a new ferrule and a refinish. He also needs to ask the cue maker to give the exact tip diameter, weight, length and maybe the butt size. He'd easily get the cost back on the sale price.

Maybe someone should message him to give him some advice.

Comment

• I don't know that much about Parris cues but is it not overpriced at £550 anyway? Parris website says Paragon starts at £462 for plain ebony, OK this has a case and extension but both look to be pretty cheap basic ones. Is there that long a wait for a Paragon?

Comment

• Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
              I don't know that much about Parris cues but is it not overpriced at £550 anyway? Parris website says Paragon starts at £462 for plain ebony, OK this has a case and extension but both look to be pretty cheap basic ones. Is there that long a wait for a Paragon?
              The Parris site I looked on only showed Paragon in the design your own section, which comes out at £660 for plain ebony Paragon.

Comment

• . . and yet if I google Paragon cue, it does indeed go to a link that says the paragon starts at £462.

Very strange.

Comment

• I think the link is out of date

https://www.parriscues.com/products/...t/paragon_cue/

as it also says it must be designed on the cuebuilder. When you do this, it starts at £660, not £462.

Anyone else finding it hard to edit a post ? When I try, it shows an empty message box, rather than what I've typed previously.

Comment

• Yes, having the same problem editing, hence my poor spelling etc.

OK so maybe not as overpriced as I thought for a paragon, but the condition and specs will still make it incredibly hard to sell at that price, realistically at that spec I would of thought more like £350 tops. Its too short to cut the shaft length down to increase the tip size so only useful for English pool.

Comment

• That would be mine!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        That would be mine!
                        Sold. Nice.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                          Sold. Nice.
                          On its way to canada! Second cue i sent there, Terry has one as well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                            Yes, having the same problem editing, hence my poor spelling etc.

OK so maybe not as overpriced as I thought for a paragon, but the condition and specs will still make it incredibly hard to sell at that price, realistically at that spec I would of thought more like £350 tops. Its too short to cut the shaft length down to increase the tip size so only useful for English pool.
                            Try refreshing the page or going to another page and coming back to see if the edit issue is sorted.

Comment

• hmm, "...done a fairly decent job..."
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-p...QAAOSw1ZpbAxHr
                              after he finished his whittling course at the local college!
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163137553111

States the cue 'is like brand new' big crack in the butt and secondly not a Mastercue as this ones hand spliced and has got a front splice..........

Comment

Working...
                                X