Shaun Murhpy New Sighting Technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Murhpy New Sighting Technique

Shaun was talking about a new sighting method he was using in an interview today, does anyone know what this is or how it works?

I am fully right eye dominant so I would find this interesting!

Originally Posted by johnjohnson123 View Post
    Shaun was talking about a new sighting method he was using in an interview today, does anyone know what this is or how it works?

I am fully right eye dominant so I would find this interesting!
    These five videos give you a very good idea what it's all about and also looks at right eye dominance.

Click here.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I was told today that in his interview , Murphy said that he plays every shot with side .

I didn’t see the interview , can any one confirm this ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

That is what I remember him saying. From what I can remember he said something like, because he plays every shot with side it is more important to adjust to the table and he felt he didn't do it in the match. He said he hit every cut too thin except 1 shot. He compared himself to Ronnie in that the both play everything with side and said the way Ronnie adjusts to the table so quick is a big part of why he is so good.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          I was told today that in his interview , Murphy said that he plays every shot with side .

I didn’t see the interview , can any one confirm this ?
          Yup, he said he plays every shot with running side.

Comment

I bought a sightright cue for £40 a while back. Should really be called aimright but I suppose that doesn't have the same ring to it. It's just to check you're behind the shot properly, horrible cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              I bought a sightright cue for £40 a while back. Should really be called aimright but I suppose that doesn't have the same ring to it. It's just to check you're behind the shot properly, horrible cue.
              I got one too - agree horrible cue

What got me is that if you rotate the cue slightly in the hand the lines go off - so effectively you could hold the cue out to one side by a long way and rotate it to line up the display

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
                I got one too - agree horrible cue

What got me is that if you rotate the cue slightly in the hand the lines go off - so effectively you could hold the cue out to one side by a long way and rotate it to line up the display
                Yeah it's a bit weird. You look at the shot, then look at the cue and realise it's a little off to one side or the other so you twist it a bit till it's facing the ceiling. Then you look at the shot and shift around a bit till it looks right again, by the time you've done that the cue's moved again.

I still think it's a handy thing to have around though, something to check if your game disappears for no reason.

Comment

Did it correct your aim?
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    Yup, he said he plays every shot with running side.
                    Cheers for that . I mentioned on here a good few months ago that an ex Pro told me about Pro's using side on a majority of their shots .

Yet a few members seemed to disagree .

Interesting that a current Pro comes out and says this ..........yet no reaction from members on here ???

It has helped me in my very bad attempt at playing this game !!
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      Did it correct your aim?
                      According to the sightright, my aim was correct anyway. Problems elsewhere.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Cheers for that . I mentioned on here a good few months ago that an ex Pro told me about Pro's using side on a majority of their shots .

Yet a few members seemed to disagree .

Interesting that a current Pro comes out and says this ..........yet no reaction from members on here ???

It has helped me in my very bad attempt at playing this game !!
                        Loads of pros have said this recently, Murphy, O'Sullivan and Dott from the top of my head. 3 former world champions, don't do it kids!

Comment

Loads of pros have said this recently, Murphy, O'Sullivan and Dott from the top of my head. 3 former world champions, don't do it kids!
                          Maybe the 3 of them got together and decided to have a wind up.
                          Side on every shot just isn't needed, if they say that they do that then fair play to them their already superhuman anyway.

Thats like when I done bodybuilding you would get everyone on the bodybuilding forums debating for days on Scwarzenegger's training plan diet and way he wiped his ass in the morning but none of it matters cos you would never have that guys genetics. Same as the snooker players who make it to professional top ranked players you can't play like them or expect to.

Comment

Strange that considering Ronnie says it's just little stuns and all centre ball when in and around the balls.
                            I don't believe that pro's play the majority of shots with side. Yes maybe they do when they're using a cushion or when playing safe etc but I just can't see it when they're in prime position and it's all up and down the centre of the cue ball, soft stuns/run throughs etc.
                            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                              Strange that considering Ronnie says it's just little stuns and all centre ball when in and around the balls.
                              I don't believe that pro's play the majority of shots with side. Yes maybe they do when they're using a cushion or when playing safe etc but I just can't see it when they're in prime position and it's all up and down the centre of the cue ball, soft stuns/run throughs etc.
                              Osullivan is addressing centre ball when he's down in the scoring zone, you can see it at the venue if you have a good enough seat and your behind him looking down over the shot he's on centre so like I said when they say they play every shot with side I take it with a pinch of salt maybe they all got together and said let's wind up the amatuers or maybe they are referring to safety shots and pots using cushions as you said.

Comment

Working...
                              X