This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    It's easier to find and strike the centre of the cue ball with a bigger tip.
    And harder to reliably strike anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rebound59 View Post
      And harder to reliably strike anywhere else.
      Care to say why ?
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        Care to say why ?
        I don't normally do this, so forgive me, but I will answer your question with a question. Why don't more snooker players use tips as large as 11mm?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rebound59 View Post
          I don't normally do this, so forgive me, but I will answer your question with a question. Why don't more snooker players use tips as large as 11mm?
          1. Deflection increases with end mass
          2. You can strike lower with a smaller tip
          3. More accurate on the white

Comment

• @vmax, see above.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              I think the idea was to take 25 attempts and see how many you pot, then you can try to beat your score next time. If you struggle with a shot you're never going to pot it 25 times in a row, if you do that you don't struggle with it.
              I wouldn't expect to pot it 25 times in a row if it's a shot you normally struggle with but yeah you could either do best out of 10 or 25 or you could aim to make 10 pots or make 25 pots and just try to reduce overall the amount of times you miss getting those pots I like the idea of just potting the ball 25 times and if I miss one or two that's fine I'm not aiming to get 25 out of 25 I'm aiming to get some feel for that especially if that is a particulary awkward type of shot like under the cushion or a thin cut. Something like a black off the spot from a foot away then yeah you shouldnt really be missing many of those anyway if you are something wrong with your sighting or technique in general

Comment

• This thread has been quiet for a while... here's a shot I have big problems with.

I'm a leftie, and I'm shooting let's say from the side cushion on the yellow side, from the baulk line, aiming for the blue on its spot. Or to put it another way: the cue ball is on or very close to the cushion, and I need to hit the cue ball at an angle of say 45 degrees away from the cushion, in a direction where my cue is closer to the table than my hips (I don't know if that makes much sense!).

Anyway, what I find is that many players, in this situation, don't use a normal bridge, they throw one finger *over* the cue and their other fingers of the bridge hand are resting on the cushion. This allows the cue to rest directly on the cushion as you're playing the shot. I find this difficult because the cue slides sideways on me while feathering, or it sticks to the finger beside it.

What I do is create a "normal" bridge (cue runs between first finger and thumb), with my bridge hand resting on the cushion. But then I end up cueing down on the ball, which creates all sorts of other problems.

Are there any tips for playing that other type of bridge, with the cue running on the cushion, and one finger going over the cue?

Comment

Working...
                X