Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximus Ultimate Cue

@√^$
    Last edited by Cfish2008; 9 December 2021, 01:30 AM.

Hi there

I can see that nobody has replied. I’ve just picked up an ultimate from green baize. Drop Stu an email and he’ll have a look at what’s in stock. Very helpful which is why I chose to make the purchase from them. Good luck

Comment

I love the Maximus Ultimates - very responsive, powerful and skillfully made. The ones I have used feel great to play with. I don't think you can go wrong with one, and far better value than a JP but without the name badge.

You may find the Phoenix or Mastercue better value, but I have not played with a phoenix and I personally rate Maximus above Mastercue.

I don't think I wish to sell either of mine unfortunately, but they frequently come up on eBay.

Comment

I tried someone's Max-Ultimate yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful - look, feel, and play.

Comment

Yes I’m hoping that mine will hit the spot. I gave Stu at green baize my requirements and he went through the stock. Lovely service. Nice and personal

Comment

I have a Maximus Legend Hand Made but have noticed there is now a Maximus Legend PLUS in what way do the two cues differ

Comment

Took the plunge on an Ultimate as well after playing with a mate's couple of weeks back. Solid solid hitter and workmanship was top notch.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                I have a Maximus Legend Hand Made but have noticed there is now a Maximus Legend PLUS in what way do the two cues differ
                The Legend has a standard ash or maple shaft and the Legend Plus has a premium ash or maple shaft

Maximus has 3 levels for the shafts standard, premium and ultimate.

Comment

People read way too much into shaft grade in my opinion. One maker's ultimate could be another's standard shaft. Even with the same maker what's standard one day could be used as an ultimate or premium the next and vice versa.

Finding any sort of consistency for grading wood (aesthetics aside) where every piece is different, for buyers to then pay a premium is pure madness to me. Even if it's purely aesthetics why would you need more than 2 grades? surely it's either a nice looking piece of wood or it isn't.

Comment

no

The plus stands for exotic as opposed to standard thai woods used for the front splice.

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                    The Legend has a standard ash or maple shaft and the Legend Plus has a premium ash or maple shaft

Maximus has 3 levels for the shafts standard, premium and ultimate.

Comment

tell that to all the customers wanting x amount of arrows and certain type of grain

True the criteria for grading shafts ain't exact however whatever looks pretty generally comes at a premium in my opinion

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                      People read way too much into shaft grade in my opinion. One maker's ultimate could be another's standard shaft. Even with the same maker what's standard one day could be used as an ultimate or premium the next and vice versa.

Finding any sort of consistency for grading wood (aesthetics aside) where every piece is different, for buyers to then pay a premium is pure madness to me. Even if it's purely aesthetics why would you need more than 2 grades? surely it's either a nice looking piece of wood or it isn't.

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post

Looks don't come into it if you're a player, what you should be looking for is playability and that usually means uniform close straight grain which needn't provide many chevrons. For anything labelled 'Ultimate' always look to the side grain and check its straightness and if it ain't straight ask for a discount or walk away.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Looks and playability/consistency are two different things, as many unconventional looking shafts make excellent players.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                            no

The plus stands for exotic as opposed to standard thai woods used for the front splice.
                            I was told that it was the shaft that was the difference, I just looked on the Green Baize site and in the information part of the site it has.

Classic series: Handmade ebony butt with ash or maple shaft.
                            Legend – 4 splice ebony with 1 splice of Asian wood : £242.50
                            Asian wood choice : Figured Ebony, Chechen, Black Palm, Afzelia, Amboyna, Praduke, Curly satin wood or Rose wood,

Premium Series : Handmade ebony butt with Premium quality ash or maple shaft.

Legend Plus – 4 splices ebony with 1 splice of exotic wood : £286.00
                            Exotic wood choice : Snakewood, Black & White ebony, Tulip wood, Olive wood, Ovangkol, Mun ebony, Birdeye Maple or Curly Maple.

I can see that what you have said is correct and that one has exotic wood and one does not but to me it also seems that they are separating them based on the shaft?

https://www.greenbaize.com/maximus-info/

Comment

I dealt with em directly and I am telling you how it is. Look carefully at the plus models and there is no thai woods spliced on them
                              Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                              I was told that it was the shaft that was the difference, I just looked on the Green Baize site and in the information part of the site it has.

Classic series: Handmade ebony butt with ash or maple shaft.
                              Legend – 4 splice ebony with 1 splice of Asian wood : £242.50
                              Asian wood choice : Figured Ebony, Chechen, Black Palm, Afzelia, Amboyna, Praduke, Curly satin wood or Rose wood,

Premium Series : Handmade ebony butt with Premium quality ash or maple shaft.

Legend Plus – 4 splices ebony with 1 splice of exotic wood : £286.00
                              Exotic wood choice : Snakewood, Black & White ebony, Tulip wood, Olive wood, Ovangkol, Mun ebony, Birdeye Maple or Curly Maple.

I can see that what you have said is correct and that one has exotic wood and one does not but to me it also seems that they are separating them based on the shaft?

https://www.greenbaize.com/maximus-info/

Comment

Working...
                              X