No announcement yet.

My workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use 2 grades of diamond stone whetted with white spirit and finish with a polished marble stone also whetted with white spirit. Blades are super sharp afterwards.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I have a small one somewhere.
      Always wanted to get a slate stone but were to much money at the time.
      Yes it makes a very big difference the finger stone you use and strop my plane iron and chisel's with leather glue to a block of MDF, with some metal polish.
      Will see if i can find a link for the ceramic stone, with are very good for a final finish.
      For that one you've always wanted...
      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• https://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-cer...rpening-stones

I have two of these but never paid this for them
        I have a medium and fine one.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
          https://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-cer...rpening-stones

I have two of these but never paid this for them
          I have a medium and fine one.
          Not cheap then mate! I can't think what I paid for mine though.

I also use a strop...........especially when things go wrong!
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            I use 2 grades of diamond stone whetted with white spirit and finish with a polished marble stone also whetted with white spirit. Blades are super sharp afterwards.
            Why white spirit vmax, not heard of that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
              I have a small one somewhere.
              Always wanted to get a slate stone but were to much money at the time.
              Yes it makes a very big difference the finger stone you use and strop my plane iron and chisel's with leather glue to a block of MDF, with some metal polish.
              Will see if i can find a link for the ceramic stone, with are very good for a final finish.
              Are the hard Arkansas stones any use for sharpening ?

I use one in my work for taking any small burrs or raised areas off of damaged hardened steel surfaces
              ( prior to calibrating digital calipers, etc. . . ).

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                Are the hard Arkansas stones any use for sharpening ?

I use one in my work for taking any small burrs or raised areas off of damaged hardened steel surfaces
                ( prior to calibrating digital calipers, etc. . . ).
                They are really good, friend use to have one and used it a few times myself.
                Always wanted to get one after but only ended up getting a small pocket one from a car boot as the new ones where in cheap.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Why white spirit vmax, not heard of that.
                  Sorry for late reply shockz, because it's wet, on the shelf handy and anything wet will do, no other reason.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Sorry for late reply shockz, because it's wet, on the shelf handy and anything wet will do, no other reason.
                    lol.

Good job the toilets not too far away then if you use anything that's handy.................did make me laugh though!

Comment

• Just finished this one yesterday, 3/4 split ash shaft with wenge butt and a lacewood splice on maple and wenge veneers. 58.75 inches long, 18 ounces, 9.8mm brass ferrule, 30mm diameter round butt, 20 inch balance point with an armargo armago 6 inch mini butt.
                      Played with it tonight, made a 32 first poke, bit light for me but played nicely despite the fact it's a round butt and I had to look to see if I was holding it in the same place every time.
                      Some people like round butt cues, I don't, but it will suit someone I guess.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• not heard of lacewood, looks familiar but cant put my finger on what it looks like
                        very nice though.

what wood is the mini?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          what wood is the mini?
                          mini is amargo amargo, like a light brown wenge, very nasty dust.

Comment

Just finished this one yesterday, 3/4 split ash shaft with wenge butt and a lacewood splice on maple and wenge veneers. 58.75 inches long, 18 ounces, 9.8mm brass ferrule, 30mm diameter round butt, 20 inch balance point with an armargo armago 6 inch mini butt.
                            Played with it tonight, made a 32 first poke, bit light for me but played nicely despite the fact it's a round butt and I had to look to see if I was holding it in the same place every time.
                            Some people like round butt cues, I don't, but it will suit someone I guess.
                            Looks good, you happy with it? How's it play?

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post

Looks good, you happy with it? How's it play?
                              It really doesn't suit me at all, too short, too light and that round butt is off putting as I'd never played with one before, feels a tad light on the bridge hand despite the forward balance of 20 inches but I guess that's the difference between my own 20 oz cue and this one.

Comment

• Just finished this one yesterday and played with it tonight.
                                One piece beech shaft with two long wenge and two short iroko butt splices, six inch beech mini butt, 59 inches long, 30mm diameter butt, 9.8mm brass ferrule, balanced at 18 inches and 16.75 oz's in weight.
                                Very light cue compared to my 20 oz ash but it has a lot of power thanks to the beech shaft, lovely balance to it, TS Long Ba tip on it as good as always. I played very well with it, beat my mate first four frames, then switched to my own cue and lost the next three

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X