No announcement yet.

Rules Clarification Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pot the green and leave the cueball near the baulk line, not perfect on the brown, but you're alright. The ref goes "sorry" and puts the yellow on it's spot and you're snookered, I'd be a tad miffed in this situation, it could easily mean the frame. This rule needs to be changed.

Comment

Originally Posted by finabb View Post
      So the yellow would have to be re spotted......... So is the answer................re-spot the Yellow?????????
      Yes, that's what the rules say must happen, at whatever point the omission is noticed.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
        Pot the green and leave the cueball near the baulk line, not perfect on the brown, but you're alright. The ref goes "sorry" and puts the yellow on it's spot and you're snookered, I'd be a tad miffed in this situation, it could easily mean the frame. This rule needs to be changed.
        It can work in reverse though... you land awkwardly on the brown, but spotting the yellow means it's perfect for potting it and then get position on the brown.
        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          ...but a partisan referee could abuse this rule.
          A partisan referee could abuse any number of the rules.
          Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Anyway surely this would never happen because if the player pots the yellow as his last colour before starting on the colour clearance he would of played position on the yellow again so would instantly say ref please respot the ball ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Anyway surely this would never happen because if the player pots the yellow as his last colour before starting on the colour clearance he would of played position on the yellow again so would instantly say ref please respot the ball ??
              Ha ha. In the games I play the balls are hardly ever on their spots towards the end of a frame and you're happy just to pot the ball on and worry about the next shot when the cue ball comes to rest lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                Ha ha. In the games I play the balls are hardly ever on their spots towards the end of a frame and you're happy just to pot the ball on and worry about the next shot when the cue ball comes to rest lol.
                Well that does happen sometime lol

Comment

Working...
                X