Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
    My next cue will be a ultimate then no more :snooker:
    We're you originally snooker man Stevie? He liked a cue or 20! : )
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Every one hundred cues Stevie has to get a new name.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I dunno why there is such a charge. But notice how the wait time for any cue which isn't a 16" jointed has the same longer wait time.

Anything other than 16" will have to be made from a 1 piece cue hence the extra cost and probably with Parris having a nightmare getting the correct shaft hence the huge wait times.

Where as the jointed cues i don't think are made from 1 piece. I think the butt sections already come in blocks from what I've seen in videos so it's only looking for the correct shaft from a smaller length which would make sense. And then pairing them up with the appropriate butt section to the required spec

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Yes pal it was me a keep losing paswords and emails
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            Why would it cost £150 for that? Its just a 1 piece jointed through the splices.
            Last year JP charged a premium £60 extra for a 1pc cue for Ultimate cues. Only recently did he double that price to £120, simply down to supply and demand and also because there is a lot more wastage looking for the very best ash boards that are used on the Ultimate models. I think the joint charge is £30 odd quid on top, hence the extra costs.

His prices have rocketed over the last 18-24 months.

All Ultimate 1pc cues now start off over a grand for a basic plain ash/ebony cue.

Now you are going to see most JPU cues priced at £1500 upwards because when you factor in the minimum 4-5 year waiting time, of course you are going to pay a premium for them. Older models shouldn't be costing this but any cue made over the last 3 years are only going to become more expensive. I bet by the end of this decade I think with cost of living rises, JPU cues will start around £1500 from Parris direct.

So if you ever plan for a JPU, get it now or buy second hand whilst they are still realistic.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
              Yes pal it was me a keep losing paswords and emails
              Lol, good to see your still enjoying it mate. ; ) I had wondered where you'd gone.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Last year JP charged a premium £60 extra for a 1pc cue for Ultimate cues. Only recently did he double that price to £120, simply down to supply and demand and also because there is a lot more wastage looking for the very best ash boards that are used on the Ultimate models. I think the joint charge is £30 odd quid on top, hence the extra costs.

His prices have rocketed over the last 18-24 months.

All Ultimate 1pc cues now start off over a grand for a basic plain ash/ebony cue.

Now you are going to see most JPU cues priced at £1500 upwards because when you factor in the minimum 4-5 year waiting time, of course you are going to pay a premium for them. Older models shouldn't be costing this but any cue made over the last 3 years are only going to become more expensive. I bet by the end of this decade I think with cost of living rises, JPU cues will start around £1500 from Parris direct.

So if you ever plan for a JPU, get it now or buy second hand whilst they are still realistic.
                Yeah just looked again, it jumps £120 from 3/4 cue to 1 piece cue, then extra £36 for joint
                Stupid money ehh

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Yeah just looked again, it jumps £120 from 3/4 cue to 1 piece cue, then extra £36 for joint
                  Stupid money ehh
                  It might seem a lot but I think there is some justification behind it.

Firstly Brexit, the pound has lost a lot of value and hasn't really recovered. The cost of woods and other materials has no doubt jumped in price and I'm sure other cue makers have put their prices up too, MW, TW to name but two.

Also along with the weak pound, China has a stronger currency and buying cues from JP has become a lot cheaper. He's no doubt been hit by a lot of orders and I guess with his current waiting times needed to raise prices to try and deter some buyers.

Comment

Just to add, my JPU only went into production recently since ordering back in 2012. By the time its finished, estimated around June, it will be 56 months!

Why shouldn't I sell it for a decent profit if I don't wish to play with it? My cue now if ordered today or if put in JP's shop on the shelf would cost nearly £1300 delivered with all extension and SD joint.

I will definitely be asking for around £1750 - 2000 if I sell as I know that if someone really wants one they are only paying a few hundred quid more than if they ordered it today knowing they can have it immediately and not waiting probably over 6 years by the time his waiting times increase.

Comment

Ultimate pricing is daft, but if you want a parris cue with totally black ebony they're about their only option currently. Possibly special and paragon as well. Most of their "off the rack" range ive seen as of late have very patchy ebony.

Comment

Wow , that has shocked me . That is some price increase . £1k for a plain cue .

So that means you could buy 3 JP Classic cues , and still have a bit of change compared to buying one Ultimate cue .

And what are the chances of one of the 3 .......being............THE ONE
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Sold my jp ultimate 3/4 with ebony butt & snakewood front splice for £1100inc monday.
                          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Price dropped and now includes GBL leather case and genuine Parris extensions
                            Any offers ?

Comment

Fiver and a half eaten sammich!

Comment

If only you hadn't eaten the other half ehh, Ohh well

Comment

Working...
                                X