Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cues for a novice with budget of £200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cues for a novice with budget of £200?

Hi all, new guy here.

I've recently taken up snooker and joined a club. It's something I've wanted to do for a while: I've always found snooker to be a fascinating game and enjoy watching the pros on the telly, and although I've always had the odd game of pool in the pub, snooker always seemed a bit daunting.

Now that I've finally taken the plunge, I am hooked and want to drastically improve my game. So, what cue should I get? So far, I've just been using an old battered one which is left in the club, but it's not the best and I'd rather have the use of a cue with the means to screw in an extension as well (particularly as I am not the tallest of blokes!).

I'm willing to spend up to £200 (that's solely for the cue itself, not including accessories). I'd like something with a bit of weight to it, and having done a bit of research, I think I'd favour a 3/4 jointed cue. As I say, the option to screw in extensions is a must for me also. Ideally something that is well made is and is going to last a long time.

All suggestions welcome.

email me adr147@hotmail.com - I will have something.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi

If your still looking,

We've just finished a couple of handmade plain ebony 3/4 cues that would suit your requirements

Please feel free to get in touch, we've also got some great deals on the relevant accessories.

Info@henryjackcues.co.uk

Thanks
      HJC
      For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
      Handmade to order in England to your specification
      Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

If you can find another £30 to £50 you will get a better cue. Maximus, Ton Praram or GBL. Try to play with the cue first because there will be some duds at that price point. There will also be some gems. I have a Maximus Premium one piece that cost me £220 and it's one of the best playing cues I have ever used at any price.

Comment

Add Phoenix Cues to the mix as often overlooked compared to the to the above and just as good too!
          http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/Phoenix-Cues.html
          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Working...
          X