When does a price become to much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Yes, those guilty pleasures have been a killer to my delicate conscience over the years.

I'm clearing my garage out at the moment to make a workshop and all I keep finding are Taylor made drivers and rescue woods, Yes putters, Adams Tight Lie fairway woods, Mizuno custom made shafts, sets of irons and God knows what else.

There have clearly been a lot of guilty pleasures over the years but as the add says, "You know your worth it" and those £300 drivers always got me an extra 50 yards over the out of bounds!
    Lolz! Us blokes are largely the same and it's always good to see these common traits. Makes you feel better about it! ; )

Good to hear you are making a workshop, does this mean you will be crafting your first cue mate?
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Lolz! Us blokes are largely the same and it's always good to see these common traits. Makes you feel better about it! ; )

Good to hear you are making a workshop, does this mean you will be crafting your first cue mate?
      Not yet!! I've been learning how to sew leather for a while, taking lessons and the like from various people which has been quite an eye opener. Hopefully building my first cases soon.

I have a workshop in the back half of a tandam garage but my son has gone it alone as a carpenter so we are gonna build it through the front garage so we can have a decent carpentry workshop. Once we've completed it I'll buy some more wood to settle and then when I feel confident on cases (mainly the leather) I'll push my knowledge on the cue making a bit more.

I've been steadily building products on the website for a while and have late been getting a new range of cues made so I can put them on there as have a lot of people that have been asking locally so why not.

Once I've completed those (in next 3 weeks) and cases (getting there slowly) I'll get back to a method on the cues for fun and we'll just see where that goes as a nice hobby at the moment.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Not yet!! I've been learning how to sew leather for a while, taking lessons and the like from various people which has been quite an eye opener. Hopefully building my first cases soon.

I have a workshop in the back half of a tandam garage but my son has gone it alone as a carpenter so we are gonna build it through the front garage so we can have a decent carpentry workshop. Once we've completed it I'll buy some more wood to settle and then when I feel confident on cases (mainly the leather) I'll push my knowledge on the cue making a bit more.

I've been steadily building products on the website for a while and have late been getting a new range of cues made so I can put them on there as have a lot of people that have been asking locally so why not.

Once I've completed those (in next 3 weeks) and cases (getting there slowly) I'll get back to a method on the cues for fun and we'll just see where that goes as a nice hobby at the moment.
        Nice story Marc - sounds like a well deserved step towards doing things you enjoy in life. ive been made redundant a couple of times in the last few years, no complaints, all adds to the retirement fund ; ) I'd like to have a go at running a micro pub in my area next, good local micro brewery to utilise and I'd enjoy chatting to people and managing my time to play snooker and golf. Like the thought of slowing down work wise now, nose to grindstone since I was 16 and 50 this year - so as you mentioned " I'm worth it" : )
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Nice story Marc - sounds like a well deserved step towards doing things you enjoy in life. ive been made redundant a couple of times in the last few years, no complaints, all adds to the retirement fund ; ) I'd like to have a go at running a micro pub in my area next, good local micro brewery to utilise and I'd enjoy chatting to people and managing my time to play snooker and golf. Like the thought of slowing down work wise now, nose to grindstone since I was 16 and 50 this year - so as you mentioned " I'm worth it" : )
          Like you I'm 53 (so 50's) and worked stupid hours for years all over the country for years until ticker problems so it reminds you that life's a blink of an eye so if you really want something (within reason), get it or go do it.

My mate ran a pub and said it was hard work because of the unusual hours so hopefully not as taxing as that.

Like you, I like talking to people that's why I started the websites. Golf was good for that and so is snooker. If you wanna enjoy yourself you generally will.

Comment

Like you I'm 53 (so 50's) and worked stupid hours for years all over the country for years until ticker problems so it reminds you that life's a blink of an eye so if you really want something (within reason), get it or go do it.

My mate ran a pub and said it was hard work because of the unusual hours so hopefully not as taxing as that.

Like you, I like talking to people that's why I started the websites. Golf was good for that and so is snooker. If you wanna enjoy yourself you generally will.
            ditto - I turned a life long obsession with Snooker into some sort of job because the day to day grind of life was killing me - the only trouble is that now I resent the snooker from time to time!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hahaha! I'm selling my Joe Davis 147 Maple. As I learnt long ago that it's nothing to do with the cue. It's the player! Plain and simple!
              Recently I brought a 1 piece riley stock cue from ebay. Cost me £7. Has an unknown tip on it, plus I will have to fit a new 10mm ferrule. Nevertheless...last night I took it out for a test drive. I was still able to make breaks. I had a 60 and a 65. Chance of a century. So the proof's in the pudding... i'll just fit a decent tip on it once the ferrule has arrived and been fitied. Then it will be back to business!!!

This will be the last cue I ever use!
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                ditto - I turned a life long obsession with Snooker into some sort of job because the day to day grind of life was killing me - the only trouble is that now I resent the snooker from time to time!
                Can totally understand that and I guess that's that's the game.

I know I can make really good money as a consultant but life's too short. I also know there's no easy money in snooker with low margins, major competition and lots of fake products.

My view is to make some money from my non snooker ideas but make a bit off the snooker ones at a level which keeps it at an enjoyable level and I guess that's where the fun starts.

Anyone who's making decent money at it is working very hard so hat's off to them as it isn't easy.

I'm open minded and have other ideas I'm working on so hopefully not having to go back travelling the country yet but we'll see!

Comment

Working...
                X